Beep Inc. is looking for motivated team players who want to be part of the autonomous mobility revolution. Beep is a market leader in delivering the next generation of mobility services and technology utilizing driverless, electric, multi-passenger shuttles. By specializing in planning, deploying and managing advanced autonomous shuttles for private and public communities, Beep safely connects people, places and services in first-mile, last-mile mobility networks. Through Beep’s data and learnings from its public road deployments, the company produces vehicle-agnostic, edge solutions meant to enhance safety, enable better access, advance artificial intelligence and extend driverless operating capabilities of autonomous platforms. Beep delivers each day on our primary goals of enabling mobility-for-all, positively impacting the environment and providing the safest rider experience through our unique software and services.
Beep is on the forefront of autonomous technology, and we have a great story to tell. Our Finance and Accounting department is looking to expand. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Controller and will primarily be responsible assisting with the month-end financial close process, reconciliation review, and enhancement of financial statement preparation and internal review process. This position will also participate in ongoing process improvement, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function. If you are an entrepreneurial accounting and finance professional looking for the next step in your career, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a full-time position based in our headquarters in Orlando, FL.
· Work with the Controller to perform day-to-day operational accounting and month-end close activities, including preparing management and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
· Assist in establishing, aligning, and driving monthly reporting package and presentations, including variance analysis
· Help manage the annual audit with independent accounting firm and other engagements as required
· Ensure proper application of internal controls to maintain the integrity of financial reporting
· Lead support initiatives for the company’s cloud-based enterprise software platform (NetSuite).
· Assist with monthly forecasting and partner with business leaders to establish a reforecast cadence
· Approve vendor bills, corporate credit card expenses and employee expense reimbursements, ensuring compliance with all Finance policies
· Interface with other departments to ensure accounting matters are properly addressed
· Develop, support, and improve the systems, policies and procedures necessary to drive efficiency and maintain proper accounting records
Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Strong technical skills in US GAAP
· Self-starter, excellent problem solver, flexible, resourceful, process-driven and have a high degree of integrity and ethics
· Advanced excel skills
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Self-starter, excellent problem solver, flexible, resourceful, process driven and have a high degree of integrity and ethics
· Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Master’s Degree in Accounting or CPA preferred
1-3 years of experience in a similar role
Prior experience as an Accounting Supervisor or Accounting Manager
Experience with NetSuite ERP
Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in an office environment.
Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
All Beep Team Members are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program and bonus plans. We also offer developmental programs, such as paid training and certifications (based on role).
Full-Time Team Members enjoy the following:
· 50% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for by the Company
· Short and long term disability premiums covered at 100%
· Life insurance
· Monthly cell phone allowance
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.