Beep Inc. is looking for motivated team players who want to be part of the autonomous mobility revolution. Beep is a market leader in delivering the next generation of mobility services and technology utilizing driverless, electric, multi-passenger shuttles. By specializing in planning, deploying and managing advanced autonomous shuttles for private and public communities, Beep safely connects people, places and services in first-mile, last-mile mobility networks. Through Beep’s data and learnings from its public road deployments, the company produces vehicle-agnostic, edge solutions meant to enhance safety, enable better access, advance artificial intelligence and extend driverless operating capabilities of autonomous platforms. Beep delivers each day on our primary goals of enabling mobility-for-all, positively impacting the environment and providing the safest rider experience through our unique software and services.
The AV Commission Support Technician is a member of AV Operations team, reporting to the Director of AV Deployments. The AV Commission Support Technician will ensure Beep's fleet of Autonomous Vehicles are delivered, routed, and delivered in good, working order to both maximize customer service uptime and provide safe, reliable service to our customers. Additionally, the AV Commission Support Technician will work together with the Maintenance team to assist in vehicle inspections, verifying completed maintenance, aftermarket modifications, and working with vendors to resolve any issues that limit shuttle autonomous route function.
Essential Job Functions:
· Perform inspections and function tests based on vendor manufacturing standards upon delivery
· Partner with the Beep Command Center and Maintenance teams to assist in diagnosing and resolving issues with Beep’s fleet of autonomous vehicles during commissioning phase
· Verifying satisfactory completion of autonomous vehicle maintenance activities
· Fully documenting work completed and travel expenses in online trackers and expense reporting systems
· Participate in Beep's change management and incident management procedures to assist in completion of planned and unplanned maintenance
· Ensure consistent implementation of vendor Operation Design Document limitations in creation of autonomous route planning and operations
· Manage effects of vendor software updates to Beep’s autonomous vehicles, verifying safe operation in coordination with Federal, State, Local, and Customer regulations or requirements
· Effectively organize work across multiple priorities and programs
· Maintain vendor commissioning certifications (training will be provided)
· Associates Degree in Engineering, Technology, Computer-aided Design, or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience working in the automotive or engineering industries with a focus on vehicular operations (autonomous fleet maintenance experience preferred)
· Qualified candidates will have limited/some experience working with vehicle navigation/electrical systems
· Ability to work with proprietary software to diagnose issues with and calibrate vehicle components
· Ability to identify issues and make recommendations to improve existing processes
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Motivated to work in a high-paced, dynamic environment
· Thrive in a team-based environment with shared goals
· Demonstrates a safety-first attitude
· Must have a clean driving record
· Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or company holidays
Ability to work in exposed locations such as roofs, usually accessed via ladders and fire escapes
Able to carry equipment up same
Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times
Travel up to 60%
All Beep Team Members are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program and bonus plans. We also offer developmental programs, such as paid training and certifications (based on role).
Full-Time Team Members enjoy the following:
· 50% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for by the Company
· Short and long term disability premiums covered at 100%
· Life insurance
· Monthly cell phone allowance
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.