Beep Inc. is looking for motivated team players who want to be part of the autonomous mobility revolution. Beep is a market leader in delivering the next generation of mobility services and technology utilizing driverless, electric, multi-passenger shuttles. By specializing in planning, deploying and managing advanced autonomous shuttles for private and public communities, Beep safely connects people, places and services in first-mile, last-mile mobility networks. Through Beep’s data and learnings from its public road deployments, the company produces vehicle-agnostic, edge solutions meant to enhance safety, enable better access, advance artificial intelligence and extend driverless operating capabilities of autonomous platforms. Beep delivers each day on our primary goals of enabling mobility-for-all, positively impacting the environment and providing the safest rider experience through our unique software and services.
General Summary: Beep's Command Center provides centralized command and support for our fleet of autonomous vehicles, whenever and wherever our shuttles are operating. The staff at the center monitor the shuttle fleet's operations, troubleshoot issues, and work with our technology partners to ensure consistent, comfortable rides for all of our passengers. Support Engineers in the Beep Command Center are responsible for active management of deployed vehicles during operating hours, incident response, technical procedure design, and are expected to serve as technology subject matter experts for Beep’s autonomous platform.
· Oversee operations of Beep’s autonomous fleet using a combination of internal and vendor applications
· Be the point of contact for operational issues
· Track, diagnose, resolve and report on all issues (autonomous software, systems, and mechanics)
· Coordinate and implement software upgrades across our fleet of autonomous vehicles
· Coordinate with vendor support as needed
· Maintain and analyze data logs generated from shuttle activities
· Educate field operations team on troubleshooting techniques
· Present and create technical documents (SOPs, excel spreadsheets, data)
· Associate or Bachelor degrees in engineering or other STEM fields
· 1-2 years of experience in a technical field or within an IT customer support role (preferred)
· Strong analytical skills, with the ability to learn and work with complex software systems
· Ability to understand and present high level data
· Ability to confidently and accurately multi-task issues
· Ability to work independently
· Excellent communication skills and ability to deal effectively with clients
· Enthusiasm for emerging technologies
· Must be able to support shift schedule, including weekends
· Must be able to communicate in English effectively with other individuals
· Must be able to maintain good relations with employees, supervisors, and contractors
· Must be able to visually inspect tools, vehicle, equipment, and/or machines
· Must be able to pass background check
· Must have a good driving record, with current FL driver's license
· Must pass Beep AV operator training and certification
Beep will provide extensive training and continuing investment in employees.
All Beep Team Members are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program and bonus plans. We also offer developmental programs, such as paid training and certifications (based on role).
Full-Time Team Members enjoy the following:
· 50% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for by the Company
· Short and long term disability premiums covered at 100%
· Life insurance
· Monthly cell phone allowance
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.