Are you interested in joining a hyper-growth company in one of the most exciting new business technology areas, autonomous (driverless) platforms? Beep is a well-funded, innovative company with openings for several key roles. This is a chance to join the company on the ground floor with a team of professionals known for delivering a tremendous company culture with unparalleled business success. We are looking for new team members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are motivated to learn about new, diverse markets.
The Systems Engineer will lead the design and implementation of Beep’s software products, specifically those serving Beep’s fleet and transit customers. The Systems Engineer will be accountable for the architecture, design, and scale delivery of in-vehicle and cloud-based systems to collect, process, and manage data governing live AV operations. The Systems Engineer will work with Beep’s Product Management organization to help define and deliver new product offerings to the broader autonomous vehicle market. The ideal candidate will have experience participating in or leading large-scale engineering projects and have familiarity with formal systems engineering frameworks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead engineering efforts in defining, architecting, designing, and implementing large-scale, safety-critical software systems
- Interface with both internal and external stakeholders regarding product functional and non- functional requirements
- Manage Engineering inputs into the product lifecycle management process, including formal requirements specifications, traceability, and design artifacts
- Lead formal technology evaluation processes including technology gap analyses and trade studies
- Contribute to the writing and maintenance of engineering and product documentation
- Lead architecture, design review, and implementation discussions for new systems or features
- Support engineering processes related to feature planning and development, release planning, applications versioning
- Manage priorities across multiple deliver teams
- Report on the status of product delivery projects to management and respond to questions and requests
- Mentor junior engineers
- Bachelors Degree in a STEM field
- 10+ years experience as a Systems Engineer
- Experience with formal requirements analysis (Concept of Operations development, system requirements, needs analysis)
- Experience with high level system design, system functional decompositions, and design validation
- Experience creating detailed design documentation for consumption by engineering teams for implementation
- Qualified candidates will have knowledge of standard architectural frameworks such as DoDAF (Department of Defense Architectural Framework) or similar standards (TOGAF)
- Qualified candidate will have experience with MBSE (Model Based System Engineering) or SysML
- Preferred candidates will have experience in traffic infrastructure or transit projects
- Preferred candidates will have experience working on public-sector or FDOT projects
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position.
The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.