Are you interested in joining a hyper-growth company in one of the most exciting new business technology areas, autonomous (driverless) platforms? Beep is a well-funded, innovative company with openings for several key roles. This is a chance to join the company on the ground floor with a team of professionals known for delivering a tremendous company culture with unparalleled business success. We are looking for new team members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are motivated to learn about new, diverse markets.
The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for the lifecycle of Beep’s software products, developing and maintaining a roadmap of requirements translating user-focused use cases into actionable product feature specifications. The Technical Product Manager will be accountable for competitive and SWOT analysis, ideation and concept development, stakeholder engagement and requirements validation, roadmap development, product performance analysis, and vendor management. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and launching products in the automotive or other high-tech industries, be able to serve as a subject matter expert with respect to the “state of the art” in autonomous systems or robotics, and be able to effectively manage and communicate priorities across multiple delivery groups.
Essentials Job Functions:
- Regularly engage internal and external stakeholders with respect to functional and nonfunctional needs - serve as the "voice of the customer"
- Performing competitive and SWOT analyses to assess market competition and product fit
- Develop, maintain, and communicate product feature requirements based on input from a variety of stakeholders
- Serve as the "expert user" for their products
- Partner with Engineering leadership to maintain a well-groomed product feature backlog
- Participate in the sales process, providing solutions support and validation of proposals versus product capabilities
- Regularly interface with vendors and technology partners with respect to their product roadmaps and delivery plans
- Manage priorities across multiple deliver teams
- Reports on the status of product delivery projects to management and respond to questions and requests
- Bachelors Degree in a STEM field
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner
- Product development experience in the automotive, connected vehicle, transit, or mobility industry
- Working experience with the Atlassian suite, Aha!, VersionOne, or the other product development platforms
- Experience working in a Scrum or Kanban product development process
- Qualified candidates will exhibit high emotional intelligence
- Qualified candidates will able to effectively communicate complex topics across a variety of audiences
- Qualified candidates will be detailed-oriented, with strong writing skills
- Preferred candidates will have experience working in industries serving public transit customers
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position.
The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.