Beep is developing data and safety systems to support our fleet of autonomous shuttles. Software Engineers will be directly responsible for the prototyping, development, and scale delivery of in-vehicle and cloud-based systems to collect, process, and manage live AV operations. Software Engineers will work with senior technology leads to help define and deliver new product offerings to the broader autonomous vehicle market. Beep is currently growing its R&D organization in the Atlanta area, though candidates in the Orlando area as well as well-qualified remote employees will also be considered. This is a full-time, non-contract position, providing health and retirement benefits.
- Contribute to the engineering efforts in designing, implementing, and building software to manage the collection and processing of autonomous vehicle telemetry and sensor information from in-vehicle hardware
- Designing, implementing, and building cloud infrastructure and data systems to support real-time analysis.
- Integrate multiple sources of information (GPS, LiDAR, CAN, mapping, Bluetooth, NFC, REST, user-sources, etc.) into a platform
- Maintain tests for the application and related projects
- Writing and maintaining of engineering and product documentation
- Participate in design review, architecture and implementation discussions for new features
- Improving the engineering process when it comes to feature planning and development, release planning, application versioning
- 5+ years of experience in software development in a team environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure for systems development
- Experience developing applications using modern DevOps processes (unit tests, CI/CD workflows)
- Fluency in Python, and willingness to learn other languages as the need arises
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience using Git/GitHub including branching, merging, and pull requests to manage source control
- Familiarity with Terraform is a plus
- Familiarity with TensorFlow or other AI/ML frameworks is a plus
- Familiarity developing embedded software is a plus
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.