Are you interested in joining a hyper-growth company in one of the most exciting new business technology areas? Beep is a well-funded, innovative company specializing in electric autonomous vehicle platforms, with openings for several key roles. We are looking for new team members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are motivated to learn about new, diverse markets.
The Accounting Supervisor will report to the Finance Manager and will lead the month-end financial close process, oversee the new cloud accounting software implementation, and manage the annual audit with an independent audit firm. The ideal candidate should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function. If you are an entrepreneurial accounting professional looking for the next step in your career, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a full-time position based in our headquarters in Orlando, FL.
- Supervise day-to-day operational accounting and month-end close activities, including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Lead new cloud accounting software implementation, transitioning from Quickbooks to an enterprise software platform (Netsuite)
- Implement project P&L’s for accurate revenue and cost reporting
- Prepare budget to actual reports for review with Executive Functional Leaders
- Analyze past results and performance as part of month-end close process
- Participate in the annual audit with independent accounting firm and other engagements as required
- Lead the annual tax return and R&D tax credit engagements
- Ensure compliance with ASC 606 for Revenue Recognition and ASC 842 for Leases
- Maintain a strong internal control environment for processing of all transaction cycles
- Assist with the design and documentation of accounting processes
- Approve vendor bills, corporate credit card expenses and employee expense reimbursements, ensuring compliance with all Finance policies
- Interface with other departments to ensure finance and accounting matters are properly addressed
- Support budget and business planning activities performed by Finance
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter, excellent problem solver, flexible, resourceful, process driven and possess a high degree of integrity and ethics
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Interest in emerging technology and mobility solutions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting and/or CPA preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role
- Prior experience as an Accounting Supervisor or Accounting Manager
- Experience with Netsuite ERP required
- Thorough understanding of the laws, regulations, and policies that govern the accounting industry
- Experience in stock-based compensation preferred
- Experience with new revenue recognition guidance and new leasing guidance preferred
- Advanced excel skills (V-lookup and Pivot table required)
- Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in an office environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
- Travel up to 10%
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.