The Beep Account Manager will act as the customer advocate and will work with internal departments and supplier account managers to ensure that client needs are understood and satisfied. They will engage directly with customer stakeholders to assess current and future needs and respond with solutions to meet those need. This role will identify additional business opportunities with existing customers, manage customer complaints, proactively communicate service interruptions and mitigations, collect and analyze data, prepare for and facilitate monthly business reviews, and work towards improving the overall customer experience.
- Communicate proactively and regularly with customers to ensure that their needs are understood and addressed
- Build strong customer relationships to maintain existing business and acquire new business
- Collaborate with various internal departments and external suppliers to ensure that they fulfill all customer requests
- Resolve service requests and complaints and keep track of all processes that pertain to the client’s desires
- Act as the customer representative in the company to ensure that their demands are met with a focus on improving the customer experience
- Collect and analyze operational and passenger data to comply with contractual service levels and constantly find opportunities for service improvement
- Prepare and deliver required weekly and monthly account status reports
- Facilitate monthly or quarterly business reviews
- Understand long term customer mobility requirements and demand drivers to understand changing or evolving needs
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Account Manager will be expected to manage every aspect of direct customer engagement following handover and for the duration of the contract. This will require frequent engagement with customer stakeholders, as much as weekly for key accounts. This may include participation in customer deployment kick-off meetings, operations handover and launch, contract review, risk assessment and mitigation meetings, and ensuring compliance with service delivery obligations. This role will be responsible for delivering monthly business reviews to the VP Customer Success as well as customer stakeholder. Success will require identifying and managing critical customer needs, tasks and dependencies with minimal oversight and making recommendations for customer satisfaction improvement to the VP of Customer Success, inclusive of route optimization, ridership initiatives, and other improvement ideas. The Account Manager will be held accountable for timely and proactive communication of service interruptions and holding internal teams accountable for timely resolution. This role will be required to participate in critical incident resolution calls and manage customer communications accordingly.
The Account Manager will serve as a senior representative of the Customer Success team and will be required to work with internal service delivery teams to comply with service delivery obligations. Additionally, they will work closely with customer teams responsible for delivering mobility solutions for their organization, typically at the Director and VP level. As the customer advocate, the Account Manager will appropriately communicate and document customer needs and issues, and follow-up/through on any open items. This role will be accountable for, and a critical driver of, customer satisfaction and success during the life of the engagement. This includes:
- Develop trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Track all open customer account issues (operational, financial, contractual) and communicating in a timely manner with a decisive plan for resolution
- Develop and clearly communicate monthly/quarterly initiatives to increase ridership, optimize and increase the customer mobility footprint, and improve service delivery
- Maintain knowledge of Beep’s current and future product and service offerings and mobility industry trends to educate and support service delivery evolution
- High emotional intelligence and situational awareness
- Excellent customer service orientation and problem-solving skills to help resolve customer complaints or needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate business reviews and recommendations to internal teams and customers
- Excellent active listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, present to, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Up-to-date understanding of the mobility as a service industry
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of customers and partners
- Exceptional analytical skills for analyzing customer data
- Time management and multitasking skills in order to handle multiple tasks and customers at once
- Advanced motivational and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, communications, or related field
- 5 years’ experience in direct customer account management
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Travel up to 50%
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.