Are you interested in joining a hyper-growth company in one of the most exciting new business technology areas? Beep is a well-funded, innovative company specializing in electric autonomous vehicle platforms, with openings for several key roles. This is a chance to join the company on the ground floor with a team of professionals known for delivering a tremendous company culture with unparalleled business success. We are looking for new team members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are motivated to learn about new, diverse markets. We all “wear multiple hats” and help the team succeed by doing what it takes to impact all aspects of the business required to deliver success for our customers.
Reporting to the VP Customer Success, the Proposal Manager will be a key member of the pre-sales team responsible for producing compelling, accurate, and compliant bid responses that ultimately lead to delighted customers and strong revenue and margin capture. This is a highly networked role that requires the ability to work collaboratively with Executives, subject matter experts as well as Clients while under pressure and meeting challenging deadlines. In this a start-up company, this role is critical to providing strong support of pre-and post-RFP sales activities. We are looking for a self-driven, detail-oriented Proposal Manager interested in growing with the company to manage all proposals and is able to set and improve proposal best practices to increase wins.
- Manage entire proposal process for complex proposals from pre-RFP capture meetings through the proposal development, and post submission activities up to contract negotiations
- Create, setup, manage, and lead pre-RFP activities through proposal development and post-submission activities, such as win theme, kick-off, questions reviews, solution walkthrough, status/progress, legal/contract reviews, color reviews, production, orals, BAFO, and other post submission activities to meet client deadlines
- Analyze the RFP and make associated proposal process and content judgments that will ensure both a 100% compliant and compelling response
- Establish and maintain a compliant response outline, a proposal development schedule, a compliance matrix as needed, and create and maintain writing style guidelines
- Schedule and facilitate proposal kick-off meetings, lead storyboarding sessions, facilitate color review meetings/final document review, coordinate proposal governance sign-off, document production and delivery of the completed proposal.
- Lead and coach a cross-functional team of experts with the relevant service, product, and business knowledge in proposal best practices for writing a persuasive, compelling response required to win
- Coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal, delivery and PMO
- Lead development of pricing proposal to support delivery of all requirements in partnership with operations, platform technology, and delivery PMO
- Ensure brand consistency and compliance in all deliverables
- Ensure on time production, book checks (electronic or hardcopy), compliant production and implements a risk-adverse delivery plan for on-time submittal
- Coordinate and update a Content Management System for an efficient and compelling baseline response library
- Ensure consistent, clear communication with proposal teams and maintain composure under pressure to maintain calmness for focus on meeting all tasks/action items on time
- Forecast and address problems in a professional manner, escalating appropriately to prevent impasses in the schedule to the extent possible
- Support the efforts of the sales team in other project management needs support pre- and post-RFP activities such as operational site visits, performance analysis and reporting, and other duties as required
- Researching, writing, and organizing information in a professional and credible manner
- Reviewing products, services, and/or business ideas
- Creating strategies for convincing others to take appropriate action
- Attending meetings and identifying opportunities for proposal writing
- Editing and revising proposals according to feedback
- Working with the design team to create graphics and visuals for projects
- Delivering presentations to the executive board
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to influence teams to meet deadlines
- Experience in developing responses to Federal and State government proposals
- Self-directed, requiring little to no guidance to identify, structure, and articulate a winning response
- Experience in assessing technical, financial, schedule, and other associated risks in proposals
- Analytical thinking and good strategic planning abilities
- Very organized, with excellent time and project management skills
- Must be very dependable, responsive, and possess exceptional customer service skills
- Willingness to work extended hours and assist other proposal Team Members in meeting deadlines
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to juggle simultaneous bids at various stages and with various complexities
- Excellent computer and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English, or related field required.
Minimum 3 years of experience in same or similar role such as proposal coordination, proposal management, proposal contract requirements, or marketing.
Expert in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint for proposal collaboration, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Experience in the Transit or Transportation industry is a plus.
Courses or certifications in Shipley Proposal Management Best Practices, APMP, or PMP preferred.
Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in an office environment.
Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Travel up to 10%
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.