Are you interested in joining a fast-growing, local company in one of the most exciting new business technology areas, autonomous (driverless) shuttles? Beep is a well-funded, innovative company with openings for several key roles in the Orlando area. This is a chance to join the company on the ground floor with a team of professionals known for delivering a tremendous company culture with unparalleled business success. We are looking for new team members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are motivated to learn new, diverse job responsibilities. We all "wear multiple hats" and help the team succeed by doing what it takes to learn all aspects of the business required to deliver success for our customers.
The AV Field Support Technician is a member of AV Operations teams, reporting to the Director of AV Operations. The AV Maintenance Technician will ensure Beep's fleet of Autonomous Vehicles are in good, working order to both maximize service uptime and provide safe, reliable service to our customers. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for regular vehicle inspections, scheduled maintenance, aftermarket modifications, and working with vendors to resolve any mechanical issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform regular delivery and scheduled inspections based on vendor preventative maintenance schedules
- Partner with the Beep Command Center to diagnose and resolve issues with Beep’s fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Support L1 to L5 autonomous vehicle maintenance activities
- Documenting maintenance procedures and service manuals
- Participate in Beep's change management and incident management procedures for preparation of planned and unplanned maintenance
- Ensure consistent implementation of inspection and maintenance procedures across all Beep service areas
- Work closely with the manufacturer to procure and maintain spare parts and associated inventory
- Manage aftermarket modifications to Beep’s autonomous vehicles
- Effectively organize work across multiple priorities and programs
- Maintain vendor maintenance certifications (training will be provided)
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working in the automotive or aviation industry with a focus on fleet maintenance (autonomous fleet maintenance experience preferred)
- Qualified candidates will hold ASE certifications (A Series, H Series, and L3 preferred)
- Qualified candidates will have some experience working with electrical systems
- Ability to work with proprietary software to diagnose issues with and calibrate vehicle components
- Ability to identify issues and make recommendations to improve existing processes
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivated to work in a high-paced, dynamic environment
- Thrive in a team-based environment with shared goals
- Demonstrates a safety-first attitude
- Must have a clean driving record
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position.
The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.