Locations: Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; Remote
Are you interested in joining a hyper-growth, local company in one of the most exciting new business technology areas, autonomous (driverless) platforms? Beep is a well-funded, innovative company with openings for several key roles in the Orlando area. This is a chance to join the company on the ground floor with a team of professionals known for delivering a tremendous company culture with unparalleled business success. We are looking for new team members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are motivated to learn about new, diverse markets. We all “wear multiple hats” and help the team succeed by doing what it takes to impact all aspects of the business required to deliver success for our customers.
General Summary: Beep is developing data and safety systems to support our fleet of autonomous shuttles. Principal Software Engineers will be directly responsible for the architecture, design, and scale delivery of in-vehicle and cloud-based systems to collect, process, and manage data governing live AV operations. Principal Software Engineers will work with our C-team to help define and deliver new product offerings to the broader autonomous vehicle market. Beep is currently growing its R&D organization in the Atlanta area, though candidates in the Orlando area as well as well-qualified remote employees will also be considered. This is a full-time, non-contract position, providing health and retirement benefits.
- Lead engineering efforts in architecting, designing, implementing, and delivering software to manage the collection and processing of autonomous vehicle telemetry and sensor information (GPS, LiDAR, CAN, mapping, Bluetooth, NFC, REST, user-sources, Video, AI/ML, etc.)
- Lead engineering efforts in designing, implementing, and building cloud infrastructure and data systems to support real-time analysis
- Lead the implementation of QM and Hazard Level Standards engineering processes
- Contribute to the writing and maintenance of engineering and product documentation
- Lead design review, architecture and implementation discussions for new features
- Improve engineering processes related to feature planning and development, release planning, application versioning
- Mentor junior engineers
- 10+ years of experience in software development in a team environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure for systems development, with a focus on AWS
- Experience building highly concurrent reliable systems, with redundancy and failover capabilities
- Extensive experience developing applications using modern DevOps processes (unit tests, CI/CD workflows)
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases, and the knowledge required to decide which to use for a given system
- Fluency in Python, and willingness to learn other languages as the need arise
- Experience delivering products built with a variety of other languages
- Experience designing and integrating REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience using Git/GitHub including branching, merging, and pull requests to manage source control
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Cloudformation, Terrraform, etc) in a production environment; Terraform specifically is a plus
- Familiarity with TensorFlow or other AI/ML frameworks is a plus
- Familiarity developing embedded software is a plus
- Familiarity with ISO26262, ASIL, or other Hazard Level Standards is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Candidates should expect to participate in a code review as part of the interview process
Links to existing codebases, via a Github link, for example, will help us evaluate your experience
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position.
The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.