Are you interested in joining a fast-growing, local company in one of the most exciting new business technology areas, autonomous (driverless) shuttles? Beep is a well-funded, innovative company with openings for several key roles in the Orlando area. This is a chance to join the company on the ground floor with a team of professionals known for delivering a tremendous company culture with unparalleled business success. We are looking for new team members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are motivated to learn new, diverse job responsibilities. We all “wear multiple hats” and help the team succeed by doing what it takes to learn all aspects of the business required to deliver success for our customers.
General Summary: Beep's Command Center provides centralized command and support for our fleet of autonomous vehicles, whenever and wherever our shuttles are operating. The AV Support Manager is a member of the Beep Command Center team, reporting to the Director of AV Operations. The AV support Manager will manage the day to day operations of the Beep Command center and is accountable for execution of Beep’s incident management process, from declarations to closure. Ideal candidates will be able to serve as AV Platform subject matter experts, have experience managing operational teams, and will have either led or participated in an incident response team.
- Oversee operations of Beep’s autonomous fleet using a combination of internal and vendor applications
- Be the point of contact for operational issues
- Provide clear, effective, and meaningful communication to all appropriate levels of leadership and stakeholders through the Incident Management process
- Drive the Root Cause Analysis process
- Coordinate and implement software upgrades across our fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Coordinate with vendor support as needed
- Educate field operations team on troubleshooting techniques
- Bachelor or Masters degrees in engineering or other STEM fields
- 4-6 years of experience in a technical field or within an IT customer support role (preferred)
- Working experience in an autonomous vehicle, automotive, or transit industries (preferred)
- Knowledge of networks and Linux systems is a must
- ITIL certification is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to learn and work with complex software systems
- Ability to confidently and accurately multi-task issues
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal effectively with clients
- Enthusiasm for emerging technologies
- Ability to travel to 50%
- Must be able to support shift and on-call schedules
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively with other individuals
- Must be able to maintain good relations with employees, supervisors, and contractors
- Must be able to visually inspect tools, vehicle, equipment, and/or machines
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must have a good driving record, with current FL driver's license
- Must pass Beep AV operator training and certification
Beep will provide extensive training and continuing investment in employees.
As part of our onboarding and ongoing improvements, we will provide extensive training at our vendor location, requiring a week to three-week travel.
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position.
The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.