Are you interested in joining a fast-growing, local company in one of the most exciting new business technology areas, autonomous (driverless) shuttles? Beep is a well-funded, innovative company with openings for several key roles in the Orlando area. This is a chance to join the company on the ground floor with a team of professionals known for delivering a tremendous company culture with unparalleled business success. We are looking for new team members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are motivated to learn new, diverse job responsibilities. We all “wear multiple hats” and help the team succeed by doing what it takes to learn all aspects of the business required to deliver success for our customers.
General Summary: Beep's Command Center provides centralized command and support for our fleet of autonomous vehicles, whenever and wherever our shuttles are operating. The staff at the center monitor the shuttle fleet's operations, troubleshoot issues, and work with our technology partners to ensure consistent, comfortable rides for all of our passengers. Support Engineers in the Beep Command Center are responsible for active management of deployed vehicles during operating hours, incident response, technical procedure design, and are expected to serve as technology subject matter experts for Beep’s autonomous platform.
- Oversee operations of Beep’s autonomous fleet using a combination of internal and vendor applications
- Be the point of contact for operational issues
- Track, diagnose, resolve and report on all issues (autonomous software, systems, and mechanics)
- Coordinate and implement software upgrades across our fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Coordinate with vendor support as needed
- Maintain and analyze data logs generated from shuttle activities
- Educate field operations team on troubleshooting techniques
- Associate or Bachelor degrees in engineering or other STEM fields
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical field or within an IT customer support role (preferred)
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to learn and work with complex software systems
- Ability to confidently and accurately multi-task issues
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal effectively with clients
- Enthusiasm for emerging technologies
- Must be able to support shift schedule, including a “four on, three off” structure
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively with other individuals
- Must be able to maintain good relations with employees, supervisors, and contractors
- Must be able to visually inspect tools, vehicle, equipment, and/or machines
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must have a good driving record, with current FL driver's license
- Must pass Beep AV operator training and certification
Beep will provide extensive training and continuing investment in employees.
As part of our onboarding and ongoing improvements, we will provide extensive training at our vendor location, requiring a week to three-week travel.
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position.
The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.