Are you interested in joining a fast growing, local company in one of the most exciting new business technology areas, autonomous (driverless) shuttles? Beep is a well-funded, innovative company with openings for several key roles in the Orlando area. This is a chance to join the company on the ground floor with a team of professionals known for delivering a tremendous company culture with unparalleled business success. We are looking for new team members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are motivated to learn new, diverse job responsibilities. We all “wear multiple hats” and help the team succeed by doing what it takes to learn all aspects of the business required to deliver success for our customers.
The Financial Accountant will report directly to the Finance Manager and will primarily be responsible leading the month-end financial close process, reconciliation preparation, transaction processing. The ideal candidate should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function. If you are an entrepreneurial accounting and finance professional looking for the next step in your career, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead day-to-day operational accounting and month-end close activities, including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Process Accounts Receivable invoices and Accounts Payable bills for payment within a proper internal control environment
- Post cash receipts and follow up with customers on overdue invoices.
- Support Finance Manager with forecast of the business
- Support Finance Manager with the annual audit with independent accounting firm and other engagement as required
- Ensure proper application of internal controls to maintain the integrity of financial reporting
- Participate in a new cloud accounting software implementation, transitioning from the current platform to an enterprise software platform
- Interface with other departments to ensure accounting matters are properly addressed
- Support budget and business planning activities performed by Finance
- Support and improve the systems and policies and procedures necessary to drive efficiency and maintain proper and accurate accounting records
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with various Accounting systems such as QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Expensify, NetSuite, Concur, or Microsoft Dynamics
- Self-starter, excellent problem solver, flexible, resourceful, process driven and have a high degree of integrity and ethics
- Advanced excel skills
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position.
The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.