Are you interested in joining a fast growing, local company in one of the most exciting new business technology areas, autonomous (driverless) shuttles? Beep is a well-funded, innovative company with openings for several key roles in the Orlando area. This is a chance to join the company on the ground floor with a team of professionals known for delivering a tremendous company culture with unparalleled business success. We are looking for new team members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are motivated to learn new, diverse job responsibilities. We all “wear multiple hats” and help the team succeed by doing what it takes to learn all aspects of the business required to deliver success for our customers.
The Project Manager reports to the VP of Customer Success and provides overall leadership and controls on projects. Manages the execution of small to mid-sized projects of ranging complexities and scope acting as the commercial liaison between Beep and the customer. Plans, organizes and leads the project team with the support of functional and technical leads, utilizing a well-defined project execution strategy that effectively balances customer needs with the budget and scope of the project, applying change order management processes where necessary. Assures consistency, utilization of tools and standards across all areas of project, and proper documentation for work performed. Works within project scope, budget and schedule constraints, with direct responsibility for results. Key among a project manager's duties is the recognition that risk directly impacts the likelihood of success and that this risk must be both formally and informally measured throughout the lifecycle of a project.
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning and management of services including contract compliance, project initiation, order booking and invoicing, active scope, budget, and schedule management, documentation and resourcing, for all assigned projects with the support of functional and technical leads.
- Risk Analysis; Management of project risks and issues
- Work assignment and work direction for project team members, including subcontract and vendor management.
- Ongoing feedback and evaluation of project team members including areas of strengths and weaknesses of execution.
- Communicate with management to report on employee and project performance and elevate employee and customer concerns.
- Manage all administration activities of projects, including order booking, tracking and invoicing.
- Partner with Finance to develop, manage and report project P&L using Beep business accounting systems.
- Support the development and administration of the PMO project skills training and development plans.
- Demonstrates strong team leadership by creating strong morale and team spirit, sharing responsibility and fostering open dialog.
- Defines resource needs, fulfillment and scheduling for assigned projects while balancing short and long-term company goals.
- Maintain a high degree of customer contact, in terms of quality and frequency, to understand and analyze their project needs, define and present solutions, and drive satisfaction and expansion of services. Provide project updates and status reports to the customer.
- Provide review of project deliverables prior to customer delivery.
- Develop and maintain company and PMO tools, standards and procedures for project management, execution, documentation and the application of process automation and controls technology. Ensure that the tools and standards are utilized, and the procedures are being followed.
- Understand and ensure compliance with vendor operating design domain, other principals, customers and regulating agencies.
- Support customer and internal audits.
- Support the procurement and management of the AVs for deployment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PMP certification a plus
- 7+ years of end-to-end project management experience with complex, multi-dependency projects
- Internal and external dependency management
- Meticulous about stakeholder approvals and project artifact documentation
- Ability to work across a variety of stakeholders, both task execution and executive level
- Expert at various project methodologies, especially Critical Path Method and Hybrid
- Expert knowledge of prominent project management and task management tools (MicrosoftProject, Smartsheet, Monday.com, JIRA, etc.)
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities within a fast paced and evolving industry
- Expert project governance and escalation management skills
- Ability to quickly summarize key risks and issues and develop mitigation plans
- Previous success in a matrix environment
- Experience in transportation or transit project management a plus
- Experience with program management a plus
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position.
The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.