Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of the Transact network infrastructure. Responsibilities will also include monitoring and troubleshooting network issues with routers, switches, firewalls, wireless and corporate phone system.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Design, implement and maintain network solutions that provide core infrastructure including private cloud and integrate with services and systems running in a virtual private and public cloud infrastructure.
· Configure and install various network devices and services to include routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, etc.
· Communicate with team to identify needs, monitor performance and troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with network and systems.
· Provide basic project management on various network activities including upgrades, new implementations and migrations with technical direction and user support if needed.
· Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including IOS updates, firmware updates, hot fixes and security configurations.
· Create, revise, update, maintain documentation of the network infrastructure and operational procedures.
· Create reports and documentation outlining findings and solutions.
· 5 years hands-on experience managing sophisticated computer networks.
· 3 years experience in network engineering and deployment.
· Expertise in designing, monitoring and repairing local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN).
· Knowledge of Cisco, Barracuda, Fortigate, and Meraki devices is a plus.
· Understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
· Familiarity or experience deploying and/or supporting SD-WAN solutions.
· Must have strong analytical and design skills, planning and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· CCNA or equivalent certification preferred.