Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
As Account Executive, you will be responsible for New Client Acquisition exclusively in the campus commerce and security market. The AE will meet or exceed sales objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling the Transact integrated “one card” suite of enterprise-class commerce and security products and services through a consultative selling approach that effectively aligns the products to customer business objectives, while demonstrating a quantifiable value proposition for the customer.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Generating new sales into accounts currently not licensing the Transact commerce and security product suite.
· Meeting and exceeding established sales quotas while adhering to the company’s sales rules of engagement.
· Making prospecting a part of the regular routine, ensuring that new prospects are being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis.
· Managing a complex, enterprise sales process with a 12 month to 24 month purchasing cycle.
· Expanding the revenue opportunity within new accounts by selling incremental follow-on business for a period of 24 months after the initial contract date.
· Taking on the role of "Virtual CEO" on all RFPs. Working with the RFP team, it is the responsibility of the AE to have a complete understanding of the institution needs. This includes understanding of the platform the institution requires, partner requirements, price sensitivity, incumbent product, potential objections or concerns, the company’s strategic value proposition, and any other relevant information necessary for a successful sales process.
· Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills. The AE will be required to attend training events throughout the year and will be expected to participate in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate.
· Being well informed about current campus “one card” industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the industry
· Becoming familiar with all Partner relationships and how they relate to company sales.
· Becoming proficient with SalesForce.com – and effectively using the sales force automation tool to enter all sales information into this system for support accurate and proper forecasting/reporting.
· Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
· Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
· Preparing written presentations, reports and price quotations.
· Assisting in contract negotiations.
· Managing sales pipeline.
· Effectively and efficiently employing company resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle; matching level for level, to grow and advance the sale.
· Defining and executing territory sales plans.
· Developing positive relationships with other employees in Marketing, Product Support, Global Services, Finance, Engineering and other departments, as needed.
· Collaborating with colleagues and supporting the overall team effort within the sales organization, to ensure that knowledge and expertise is leveraged throughout the sales team.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent education or work experience.
· 5+ years’ sales experience in enterprise-class security and access control solutions or commerce or point-of-sale solutions.
· Knowledge of the higher education market market will be essential for the successful candidate.
· Successful achievement of $2M+ quotas, using a consultative selling methodology
· Ability to manage a pipeline of 25+ accounts at any given time
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
· This position requires the AE to work out of a home office
· Travel: Expect 60-70%+