Senior Manager, Accounts Receivable
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
The Senior Manager, Accounts Receivable will manage the daily operations and strategic objectives of the Company’s accounts receivable cycle through design, implementation, maintenance, and management of the Accounts Receivable collections function. Develop processes and procedures for the Accounts Receivable collection and cash applications for timely and accurate reporting. The incumbent will report directly to the Corporate Controller. Applicants for this position must be willing to be located in our Corporate office, in Phoenix, Arizona.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Stand up collection department and project manage the configuration in the system to completion, creating best in class processes and operating procedures
• SaaS or technology experience highly preferred
• Experience standing up accounts receivable function and developing a high performing team
• Overseeing customer collections and cash applications
• Ensure proper recording and application of cash, as well as management of the aging of outstanding invoices
• Communication with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution
• Support Management by providing timely and accurate payment and account standing information on receivables
• Collaborate with other customer-facing teams in implementing procedures that ensure early identification of issues complicating collection efforts
• Work with other customer-facing teams in tracking and understanding health of individual customer relationships
• Minimum 7 years of work experience in credit/collections with responsibility for direct customer contact.
• BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting or a commensurate level of directly related experience
• Well-developed analytic and problem-solving skills
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized with an ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time
• Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Successful in dealing with customer and company personnel at all levels
• A high degree of integrity including the ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of proper accounting treatment for accounts receivable transactions and activities
• Must be experienced in and able to demonstrate proficiency with computerized accounts receivable software applications
• A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word)
• Ensure all cash received is properly applied via proper management of all cash applications, obtain ALL outstanding remittance information needed by the 2nd business day of each month
• Report on a weekly basis during AR aging meetings: cash receipts, aging totals, and offset totals to quantify error reporting
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
• Knowledge or experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Financial System
• Prior experience in training or mentoring staff in best practices for collections professionals
• Prior experience in Software or Ed-tech company
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.