Senior IT Project Manager
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
As a Senior IT Project Manager, you will be a part of our Transact Central IT team, which is responsible for implementing solutions for Enterprise Applications and Infrastructure teams. This team is comprised of Business Analysts, Developers, and Infrastructure, which includes Desktop Engineering, Networking, and M365 and Windows Engineers. The team is committed to providing Transact with high-quality project management, installation, configuration and integration of our solutions. This position reports to a Manager who provides supervision, guidance and assistance.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Accountability for overall performance and delivery of defined scope(s) of work as indicated by quality of products and/or services provided, and other such measures as may be designated.
• Leads the execution of cross functional development and infrastructure projects from initiation through ongoing support, leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts and principles.
• Develops project schedules and documentation; defines and assigns work to the Central IT team member assigned to Project; monitors and controls work in progress for technical adequacy; and provides active assistance to meet schedules or resolve complex technical or customer requirements.
• Actively identifies additional/expanded tasking with existing internal customers and defines technical requirements for project change orders.
• Ensures projects follow established company project management methodologies and standards.
• Ensures timely Project Communication and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination and storage of project information – prepares project status reports and keeps upper IT management, business clients and others informed of project status and related issues.
• Demonstrates a high-performance goal-oriented attitude.
• Has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Project Management or related work experience.
• Has 7+ years proven experience in program or project management leading clients and team members through large complex system implementation and integrations.
• Has Strong client relationship skills – ability to partner with technical as well as project leaders from other organizations to drive overall solution, manage issues/risks/dependencies and facilitate schedule/scope conversations.
• Certified project or program manager (PMP, PgMP, or other relevant certification) desired but not required.
• Solid understanding of Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to identify problems and independently develop alternatives for resolution.
• This role can be based out of our Phoenix, AZ office.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.