Sr. Manager Cloud DevOps
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
Now, we need to continue to raise the bar: introduce new features to customers faster, reach new customers at a global level, and scale our platform to provide seamless customer on-boarding. We have already started down this journey with the continued development of our cloud-based products. How do we continue to drive this transformation and execute with success? Cloud DevOps at Transact.
The Sr. Manager Cloud DevOps will join Transacts Product Development department and be responsible for leading the engineering of our distributed Cloud DevOps enterprise solution. They will work with Senior and Lead members of the engineering teams as well as business stakeholders to support the development of products, features and services that drive and evolve our Cloud offerings.
• Implementing tools and technologies to provision and configure an enterprise software system in public utility clouds with a focus on increasing efficiency and elasticity of deployed compute without sacrificing quality.
• Ability to contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle from conception through design, development, deployment and ultimately operation.
• A commitment to monitoring and observability.
• Identify, document, automate, and engineer processes for repeated tasks.
• Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Oversee deployment pipelines to effectively run and maintain the technology and determine the advisement of potential technology or process improvements.
• Strategize, plan, prioritize, schedule and partner in the execution of infrastructure provisioning and configuration while focusing on maintaining or improving security, data integrity, programming logic integrity, and administration.
• Manage the packaging and deployment of our infrastructure product and our deployment/upgrade processes.
• Facilitate management of Azure resources and image automation.
• Seek and recommend improvements to current processes and technologies used.
• Script and automate manual tasks as needed.
• Participate in code reviews for projects written by your team.
• Participate in design reviews for new and existing services and platforms.
• Influence the use of industry leading development platforms and process.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree, or work equivalent experience.
• Exceptional teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration.
• Strong problem-solving skills, independent thinking. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience with infrastructure and distributed systems in a cloud environment (Azure preferred).
• Experience in Docker container and Shared Compute Kubernetes Clusters.
• Experience with configuration management, CI platforms and automated deployment (Chef, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Bitbucket).
• Code using PowerShell and/or other scripting languages such as Python, Bash or Ruby.
• Experience with source control management tools (Git preferred).
• Experience with deployment orchestration process and tools (Bitbucket and/or Azure Pipelines, Ansible, Octopus Deploy preferred)
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.