Business Intelligence Developer
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
Transact has split off from a corporate parent and is developing new Central IT capabilities almost completely from scratch – a greenfield opportunity.
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for developing reports and ETL Processes. The reports will be developed primarily using Power BI with potentially some SQL Reporting Services (SSRS). The ETL will be developed primarily using SQL Stored Procedures as well as SSIS and/or Azure Data Factory. The BI Developer will work closely with the BI Business Analyst and this will require excellent communication skills. The BI Developer will assist with resolving production support issues.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Report Development
• ETL Development
• Responding to Production Support Issues
• Working for the BI Team in an Agile environment
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop Reports and Dashboards using Power BI as defined by the BI Business Analyst or the business stakeholders
• Develop SQL Server Stored Procedures according to data mapping documents defined by the BI Business Analyst
• Develop SSIS Packages and/or Azure Data Factory Pipelines
• Unit Testing and Documentation
• Participate in Agile process including daily standups
• Prioritize work to ensure responsiveness and delivery on commitments
• Other job-related duties as assigned
You'll have experience working as a business intelligence developer. This means developing reports, ETL Processes, Unit Testing, Documentation and Production Support.
• 3+ years’ work experience in an IT related role
• 1 - 3 years’ experience as a Business Intelligence Developer.
• Hands on experience developing reports and dashboards using Power BI.
• Very comfortable using MS SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
• Hands on technical experience with MS SQL Server developing SQL Views and Stored Procedures.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to ask clear questions to understand requirements.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to complete work on a timely basis in an Agile environment.
• Experience with any of the following is preferred: SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Integration Services (SSIS), Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services, best practices in data visualization, Azure Data Bricks.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.