Sr. Director of Product Management, Enterprise Software and Applications
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
Transact Campus is seeking an experienced software product leader for our Transaction Systems Enterprise solution. This role will bring a compelling, established record of success in enterprise software organizations. Higher education domain is not necessary but a good understanding of highly scalable, cloud software with experience in payments and application management is highly desirable. The successful candidate will have broad enterprise software and managerial experience in a multi-location environment and will have proven and significant team building, communication and leadership skills.
Reporting to Vice President of Product Management, this individual will have responsibility for thought leadership and defining the product strategy; working with engineering to build world-class solutions; assist in defining and executing the go to market strategy; and identifying new market opportunities.
Working closely with the product development team, clients, executive leadership, and sales and marketing teams, the Sr. Director will leverage his/her technical, analytical, process and strategic skills towards executing high impact, value added requirements. The role requires an individual with strong leadership who can create and evangelize a transformative vision for the Transaction System Enterprise direction; collaborate with and drive a strong team of innovators and engineers to continue building innovative solutions; help develop new ideas based on market needs, and nurture a suite of products that are optimized for the higher education market.
The role requires an individual with strong analytical, leadership, and partnering skills. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and technical acumen; a big-picture approach; and the drive, influencing skills and ability to collaborate with other leaders in the organization to advance the product strategy.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
• Aligning the Transaction Systems Enterprise vision with company goals and objectives
• Lead the execution and migration to next-generation solutions
• Responsible for virtual product P&L health including revenue, cost, margin, pricing and other financial aspects
• Guides an extraordinary team of product managers who can lead the company into its next phase of growth
• Collaborates with product marketing team on GTM, launch strategy and market positioning
• Facilitates cross-functional GTM coordination with Services, Sales Engineering and Support to ensure saleable launch and sustainable operational excellence.
• Works closely with sales and development teams to identify emerging technologies and trends to incorporate into product roadmap
• Directs products from Ideation to Development, monitor product health throughout its life, and manage EOL and transition
• Represents products in governance meetings to secure additional funding for roadmap build-out and feature enhancements
• Ensures that business vision and goals associated with feature sets are communicated clearly to the engineering and sales teams and that delivered products address business value
• Helps drive build vs buy analysis and decisions related to product development
• Participates in due diligence exercises relating to partnering and M&A opportunities
• Four-year college degree, or equivalent, plus a minimum of 10 years in a product management role
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups including executives, engineering, and sales
• A mixture of technical, business and interpersonal skills to work closely with internal and external stakeholders as well as customers, management, vendors, partners and the industry
• Specific enterprise systems, web/mobile applications and cloud domain experience required
• Has an interest in and aptitude for business strategy and considerations, the latest concepts in product design, and an understanding of the latest technologies in the web and cloud computing areas
• Can conceptualize features and functionality from idea stage to implementation and communicate complex information to different target audiences
• PMP certification
• Ability to learn how to perform software product management within an agile development environment
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.