Payment Gateway Product Manager
Phoenix, AZ or Remote
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
The Product Manager owns the effective planning and lifecycle management of our payment gateway solution. Product Management responsibilities include awareness and analysis of market, client and operational needs. Requires the ability to prioritize and align product deliveries to those needs and ensure the solution adheres to scope, schedule and cost.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
• Manages the life-cycle ownership of multiple assigned products or product lines
• Responsible for virtual product P&L health including revenue, cost, margin, inventory, pricing and other financial aspects
• Creates and maintains product roadmaps
• Ensures managed products are aligned with the company’s strategy and business objectives
• Works closely with internal and external stakeholders to gather market requirements, consolidate into product requirements and use cases while ensuring technology reuse
• Collaborates with product marketing team on GTM, launch strategy and market positioning
• Works with Development team to identify emerging technologies and trends to incorporate into product roadmap
• Directs products from Ideation to Development, monitor product health throughout its life, and manage EOL and transition
• Represents products in governance meetings to secure additional funding for roadmap build-out and feature enhancements
• Ensures that business vision and goals associated with feature sets are communicated clearly to the engineering and sales teams and that delivered products address business value.
• Serves as a product champion within the organization to continuously ensure development activities are optimally aligned with market needs
• Helps set pricing guidance based on market, competitive environment, and cost restrictions
• Acts as Subject Matter and Industry experts at internal and external forums
• Provides product-related content to the product marketing organization for the creation of collateral, sales tools and marketing programs
• Helps drive build vs buy analysis and decisions related to product development
• Participates in due diligence exercises relating to partnering and M&A opportunities
• Identifies strategic market gaps to develop new product concepts
• Develops business cases for new product concept proposals
• Presents business cases, roadmaps, and product-health updates within the product review (QBR) meetings
• Four-year college degree, or equivalent, plus a minimum of eight years in a product management role
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups including executives, engineering, and sales
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of payment gateway experience
• A mixture of technical, business and interpersonal skills to work closely with internal and external stakeholders as well as customers, management, vendors, partners and the industry
• Must be very detail orientated and be able to plan and work flexibly to a deadline
• Has an interest in and aptitude for business strategy and considerations, the latest concepts in product design, and an understanding of the latest technologies in the web and cloud computing areas
• Can conceptualize features and functionality from idea stage to implementation and communicate complex information to different target audiences
• PMP certification
• Aha! certification or deep knowledge of tool
• Ability to learn how to perform software product management within an agile development environment
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.