Revenue Accounting Manager
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
The Revenue Account Manager will be responsible for ensuring proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606, in a fast paced, high growth software environment. This will include reviewing a high volume of revenue recognition accounting entries in the ERP System to ensure that selling prices are correctly allocated and recorded to the proper accounting period(s).
The incumbent will report to the Director, Revenue and Technical Accounting. Applicants for this position must be willing to be located in our Corporate offices, in Phoenix, Arizona.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Monitor pending revenue recognition entries and evaluate them using a standard Excel tool to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606 and Transact’s accounting policies.
• Timely follow-up and resolution of potential revenue recognition errors.
• Maintain technical competence on revenue accounting policies in accordance with any updated FASB guidance.
• Perform all revenue-related activities, including a complete, accurate and timely close process, revenue and deferred revenue accounting and reporting activities in the ERP system, account reconciliations, revenue reporting, and contract analysis.
• Apply and document the performance of internal controls related to revenue recognition.
• Provide technical accounting and financial statement preparation assistance as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• 7+ years of relevant general accounting and revenue recognition experience in Software or related technology field, with significant experience applying ASC 606 provisions to revenue transactions.
• Understanding and prior experience with multi-element arrangements.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly organized with an ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time.
• A high degree of integrity including the ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Knowledge or experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Financial System.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.