Corporate and Product Messaging Manager
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
The Corporate and Product Messaging Manager is responsible for the development of Transact’s top-level and product level messaging and storylines. The right candidate has a strong technology background, combined with a passion for storytelling and experience in communications and product marketing. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer and creative thinker who can maintain organization-wide consistency for written communication and message delivery for our entire product line.
You’ll work closely with the sales, product development and marketing team members to create product and corporate level messaging kits to support marketing and sales communications. You should also be passionate about technology and helping articulate complex technical concepts in terms that make sense to customers, press, and the public.
You will develop, coordinate and oversee a cross-functional communications process that takes into account customer communication from various teams within the business – product marketing, product support, product management, human resources - and ensures a consistent message and a positive client life-cycle experience. This will include the creation of standard communication templates, newsletters and other communication devices, and the management of the coordinated processes.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Develop and implement cross-functional communications in coordinated response with public relations, sales, and marketing teams.
• Develop and produce high-impact messaging kits and storylines to support content, marketing programs, executive materials, web copy, press materials, and presentations.
• Work creatively and collaboratively with Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Support and Client Manager teams to create standard communication templates to ensure consistency across the organization relating to product bulletins, newsletters, end of life/end of sale notifications, corporate announcements and support items.
• When creating messaging and related processes, consider the complete multi-channel, integrated marketing approach including email, direct mail, display, social, and events (virtual and/or in-person).
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the Transact solutions’ target market, persona needs and pains, and associated buyer journey and align messaging accordingly.
• Coordinate with sales enablement to aid in training on messaging and writing across sales, client management and product marketing.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as product marketing, journalism, technical marketing, public relations, technical writing, developer marketing, speechwriting, or consulting
• Degree in Marketing, PR, communications, journalism, or related field of study
• Demonstrated history of crafting compelling positioning and marketing content
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with senior levels of management.
• Ability to think and communicate clearly to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
• Ability to translate client needs into business requirements and software features into client benefits
• Comfortable editing and providing constructive feedback to peers and leaders
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics, or other content and project management tools
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
• Experience tuning content for specific audiences
• Outstanding project management and coordination skills with ability to track multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.