Vice President, Strategic Operations and Program Management Office
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
The Vice President, Strategic Operations and PMO is charged with the development of Transact’s corporate operational strategy to ensure it aligns and enables the company’s overall strategy. This will be achieved by working across the company’s operating structure and collaborating with other business function leaders. In addition, this role will oversee the companies Program Management Office, which is responsible for monitoring, cross-company coordinating and reporting on all projects, including product development, information systems, cross-functional and strategic initiatives. This role is also responsible for planning and executing the integration of acquisitions and participate in operational due diligence for targeted acquisitions. This highly visible position will report to the CFO. It will involve working closely with the Transact Executive Team and across all functional departments to develop and implement global operational strategies that enable and accelerate the success of the company.
• Plan, implement and manage operational strategy
• Develop multi-year strategic, automated processes, and operational plans to achieve business goals that enable agile and scalable operational solutions
• Monitor teams to ensure progress toward goals and reporting thereof
• Build strong partnerships with business stakeholders and work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
• Prepare, support, and help individuals and teams in making integrations and organizational change
• Drive culture of continuous improvement to improve quality, efficiencies, and standards across our infrastructure & services
• Oversee the creation of additional business processes and align technology as needed
Program Management Office
• Ensure adoption of standards and procedures governing the practice of both program and project management and execution of the project portfolio.
• Champion project management best practices and ensures that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively.
• Define key metrics for measuring resource capacity, project valuation, cost, risk, status and performance across the business
• Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
• Ensure that cross-functional team leads have a clear understanding of RACI for planning and delivering project, goals, deliverables, and issues
• Support the on-time delivery of projects and provided up-to-date, accurate, meaningful views of project status.
• Identifies and raises project delivery issues and risks for mediation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis.
• Foster accountability of cross-functional team leads to resolve project issues and ensure project success
• Manage due diligence process with respect to merger and acquisition opportunities.
• Conduct project post-mortems and continuous improvement sessions
• Establish comprehensive merger & acquisition integration plans for execution and monitoring.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, strategically minded yet also operationally oriented, and highly collaborative. They will be a well-rounded experienced leader with the ability to lead strategic analyses as well as implementation and monitoring. This person will have demonstrated success operationalizing all aspects of transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments, joint ventures, and other strategic alliances. They will handle high pressure situations in a professional and balanced manner and will serve as a mentor, leader, and partner across the organization in a dynamic environment. Always willing to roll up their sleeves with an attention to excellence at all levels.
• 10+ years of operational and program and project management experience
• Experience project managing large, enterprise-wide projects involving cross-functional teams across operations and technical domains
• Experience in the FinTech sector is helpful
• Proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects simultaneously, building appropriate processes and tools
• High competency, knowledge and proven successful experience in business process reengineering leveraging technology,
• Strategic thinking capability balanced with tactical and implementation/execution skills
• Exceptional influencing skills and preferred experience working cross functionally across many areas and levels of an organization
• Must have excellent analytical skills and a logical thought process
• Specific expertise in developing strategic alternatives with cross functional implications and financial impact
• Exceptional leadership, communication (oral and written) and management skills
• Education Bachelor’s degree, MBA and or other advance degree strongly preferred
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certified preferred
• Certified Mergers & Acquisitions Professional (M&AP) is a plus
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.