Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
This Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis role will lead the financial analysis and reporting of the company’s platforms/product offerings – including detailed analysis of their profitability, gross margin trending and forecasting, and detailed COGS review. This position will also be responsible for the ownership and successful execution of financial sales/metrics/KPI reporting as inputs to the larger KPI initiative. This position will also support the product management function and their responsibility for successful product launch and management.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with business leaders to build monthly, quarterly and annual COGS and expense forecasts. Manage the forecasting monthly close process for functional areas of ownership, including accuracy and completeness review for actuals and clear understanding of variances and impact to full year. Proactive development of mitigation plans to manage risk where required.
• Work with the Business Unit leadership to prepare their detailed annual Budget.
• Develop and own critical finance KPI, operational metric, and sales reporting to the CEO LT. This will represent critical inputs to a larger corporate wide initiative.
• Develop repeatable product profitability P&L’s – and manage continued refinement as solutions positioning/strategy evolves.
• Provide ad hoc support to leadership for items related to gross margin analysis and product profitability. Includes assistance on 3rd party vendor contract negotiation.
• Ownership of deal profitability reviews and standardization of pricing.
• Develop business cases for new initiatives focusing on structuring it in a way to maximize the financial benefits while factoring in the operational impacts on the organization.
• Collaborate with peers in Accounting and Finance to perform ad-hoc analysis to explain variances vs. the Plan, Forecast, prior months and prior year.
• Establish and maintain proper financial controls over established processes.
• Look for ways to improve the accuracy and reduce the amount of time required to complete the current forecasting process through the increased use of automation and developing new tools and reporting capabilities.
• Looking for someone with a Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years or more of job-related experience.
• MBA, Finance/Accounting background required.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, with particular focus on financial modeling and the use of advanced features of spreadsheets.
• Experience with Software and/or Payments highly preferred.
• Experience with Dynamics 365 is a plus.
• Highly organized and ability to work on multiple projects at once.
• High level of analytical ability and accuracy.
• Ability to translate finance and accounting concepts for business unit leadership
• Ability to understand business and business drivers and translate into finance and accounting concepts
• Ability to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentation skills required.
• Prior management experience.
• Team player able to build relationships and work across the organization.
• Strategic and analytical thinker with superior problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills.
• Must thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Highest level of integrity and good judgment, with the ability to effectively deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
• Flexibility a must.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.