Senior Director, Payments Product Manager
Phoenix, AZ or Remote
Through market-leading payments and credential-driven privileges, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
This team member owns the effective planning and lifecycle management of our across our payment portfolio. You will be responsible for leading the team that is building a scalable, reliable, secure and highly performant platform using best practices, while ensuring our product roadmap is flexible to allow for our growth.
This is a strategic role that requires strong partnership with other functions across the company, partnering with leadership to translate product vision into strategic and technological business decisions. You'll drive accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into results.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
• Work with key stakeholders to develop and execute go-to-market strategies while ensuring clear communication of the payments strategy and progress to internal and external audiences
• Responsible for virtual product P&L health including revenue, cost, margin, inventory, pricing and other financial aspects
• Create and own the product roadmap, accountable to C-level leaders, company board of directors, and other stakeholders.
• Works closely with internal and external stakeholders to gather market requirements, consolidate into product requirements and use cases while ensuring technology reuse
• Collaborates with product marketing team on GTM, launch strategy and market positioning
• Works with Development team to identify emerging technologies and trends to incorporate into product roadmap
• Directs products from Ideation to Development, monitor product health throughout its life, and manage EOL and transition
• Ensures that business vision and goals associated with feature sets are communicated clearly to the engineering and sales teams and that delivered products address business value.
• Serves as a product champion within the organization to continuously ensure development activities are optimally aligned with market needs
• Acts as Subject Matter and Industry experts at internal and external forums
• Helps drive build vs buy analysis and decisions related to product development
• Participates in due diligence exercises relating to partnering and M&A opportunities
• Identifies strategic market gaps to develop new product concepts
• Four-year college degree, or equivalent, plus a minimum of 6 years of product management in the areas of financial services, payments, consumer internet, and enterprise software
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups including executives, engineering, and sales
• Leadership DNA, proven ability to excite and inspire and lead a successful cross-functional team; experience hiring and leading a team of product specialists
• A mixture of technical, business and interpersonal skills to work closely with internal and external stakeholders as well as customers, management, vendors, partners and the industry
• Must be very detail orientated and be able to plan and work flexibly to a deadline
• Has an interest in and aptitude for business strategy and considerations, the latest concepts in product design, and an understanding of the latest technologies in the web and cloud computing areas
• Can conceptualize features and functionality from idea stage to implementation and communicate complex information to different target audiences
• PMP certification
• Aha! certification or deep knowledge of tool
• Ability to learn how to perform software product management within an agile development environment
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.