Staff Product Owner
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
As Staff Product Owner you will be responsible for driving and defining the requirements of new products and services within our company. You should have a solid grasp on data analytics, strategy, requirements documentation, and Agile/Scrum methodologies in order to deliver a high-quality product to increase company revenue. Specific to this role, you will be helping to lead a team focused on creating an ERP integration strategy and shared service for the entire Transact product portfolio.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Serve as Product Owner for up to four teams
• Manage strategic relationships and integration road maps related to major ERP partners
• Evaluate data and insights for comprehensive strategy and initiative planning
• Establish timelines and product benchmarks based off established team velocity and priority
• Uses data and analytics as a basis for road mapping
• Ability to negotiate and influence priority between stakeholders to ensure the highest quality product is delivered
• Consolidate Epic data into user stories and other necessary product requirements
• Establish initiatives and align with cross-functional product and organizational goals
• Collaborate with Product Design team, Product Management, the Scrum team, and executive stakeholders to establish timeline workflows, goals, and detailed requirements
• Ensure our product aligns with our companies mission and goals
• Ensure cross-functional dependency mapping is established, well maintained, and documented
• Responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality requirements based on the strategic vision of Product Management
• Execute SDLC processes as defined while identifying process inefficiencies to the team
• Ability to identify inefficient processes and suggest alternatives that will make your team more operationally effective
• Ability to influence, create, and coach all stakeholders on process best practices
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years previous experience as a product owner or business analyst in ERP industry
• 10+ years of Agile experience
• 5+ years of experience with API design, data integration methodologies and cloud applications
• Exceptional understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
• Thorough understanding of the product lifecycle and software development lifecycle processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with Product Management, UI/UX/Design team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
• Comfortable working with multiple teams that are in-house, remote, and internationally located
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.