Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
The Solutions Engineering team at Transact is a team of sales professionals with deep understanding of Transact solutions, including product, services, support, and market expertise. Solution engineers work with regional sales managers, client managers, and services professionals as strategic partners in crafting the long-term vision and the technical solution to address a client’s requirements. The Solutions Engineer plays a critical role in supporting the successful outcome of the sales process.
The Solution Engineer will play an integral role in the success of the group.
Specifically, s/he will be responsible for:
• Serve as a subject matter expert in the Transact products focusing on POS Suite
• Engage in strategic conversations regarding Transact product capabilities and benefits with customers and prospects
• Conduct periodic internal training sessions to keep the sales team updated on new product features and functions
• Work with regional Sales Managers and Client Managers to sell product strategic value,
• Develop proposals, both written and oral, for client-focused solutions
• Provide rapid, accurate responses to questions from sales staff in the field
• Provide information and recommendations to assist with the development of responses to RFPs/RFIs.
• Setup product demonstration and evaluation environments and oversee the evaluation process
• Other duties as assigned
• Expect travel to be 50-70%.
• Previous enterprise software experience (2+ years preferable)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in a related discipline
• 3 - 5 years technical experience, preferably in One Card or Commerce (POS)
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• Understanding of enterprise-class systems, design, and architecture is very desirable
• Ability to independently solve complex problems
• Ability to influence without authority
• A self-motivated, quick learner, who has a desire to win business
• Proven ability to manage time, multi-task and excel in a deadline-oriented environment while supporting several proposal projects simultaneously.
• Software skill requirements:
o Microsoft Word: Expert word-processing skills.
o Microsoft Outlook: advanced skills.
o Microsoft Excel: high level
o Online Collaborations tools – proficient running an online meeting
• Previous experience in the education industry
• 1 – 2 years working with Sales Teams
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.