Senior Scrum Master
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
As a Senior Scrum Master, you will be responsible for serving as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. The Scrum Master will drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. The Scrum Master will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Serves as Scrum Master for the Shared Services and Infrastructure teams
• Facilitates Scrum ceremonies and provides coaching to further mature the teams (Daily Scrum, retrospectives, sprint planning, demonstrations, etc...)
• Work with the Product Owner to interpret priorities, schedule work, and ensure completion according to business needs and priorities.
• Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery of business value
• Helps team pro-actively identify impediments, recommends solutions, and in some cases is able to remove impediments themselves
• Represents team in daily or Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting and clearly communicates team accomplishments, impediments, and downstream impacts.
• Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
• Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
• Utilizes team feedback, analyzes data, and reports on team quality, delivery rate, throughput, productivity, velocity, etc. to identify areas of opportunity and improve team efficiency and delivery
• Capture and recommend new data trends to help the teams mature
• Actively identifies points of success and failure within their team and communicates findings to other teams
• Clear understanding of Agile objectives and multiple methodologies to accomplish those objectives
• Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
• 5-10 years Agile or other related experience
• Demonstrated ability to identify process inefficiencies, recommend solutions, and influence teams to change and get better
• Experience in mentoring others in SCRUM/Kanban processes and adapting applicable best practices to fit in an organization.
• Strong understanding and enthusiasm for Agile
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Able to build strong interpersonal relationships the Scrum team and stakeholders
• Comfortable working with multiple teams, in-house and remote
• Excellent communication skills
• Software Development or Quality Assurance experience
• Scrum Alliance CSM or PMI’s Agile Certified Professional
• 5+ years of experience as part of an Agile team
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.