Do you love to create applications using Java Technologies?
Then come join our team! Transact is looking for talented software engineers who love working with Java and want to help solve everyday, real-world problems. Our customers are primarily students and academic faculty that use our applications as they live and study and work in a university campus setting - come help us delight our customers!
What are we doing?
Our Solutions: Our solutions allow a user to seamlessly gain access to campus doors, sporting events, and parking structures as well as complete financial transactions for food or books or even making copies.
Our Users: Our end users are mainly students and staﬀ on US university campuses, but we do have customers in other countries and other non-university oﬃce settings - and we are always looking for new opportunities!
Our Source Code: Our current solutions utilize a mix of Java, Spring Boot, AngularJS, ReactJS, Cosmos DB, Azure SQL as well as other PaaS and SaaS technologies. We are in the process of moving our core application to Microsoft’s Azure platform, where we will focus on being able to have a highly available and scalable architecture. We are dedicated to good development practices, utilizing completely automated test suites, load tests and a continuous integration and deployment pipeline.
Our Team: Our core team is currently eight people located in Arizona and South Dakota. We use SCRUM to organize our work and delivery schedules. Our team is always learning and encouraged to try out new technologies as we look for the best tool for the job - are you interested yet?
• Perform research, requirement gathering and analysis, software design, and implementation of improvements to our code base, while promoting and driving sound engineering design, process and quality practices
• Analyze and implement fixes and put in place protections for vulnerabilities found by our customers, team members and outside security researchers
• Help us grow into new cloud hosted environments with a focus on Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Cosmos DB, Event Hub, Service Bus and all the other cloud buzzwords
The basic requirements
• Strong experience in software development using Java based architectures with an emphasis on Spring Boot implementations using object-oriented design patterns
• Experience developing, deploying, and debugging using Mac and/or Linux environments
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience implementing solutions in Azure, AWS or other cloud computing platforms
• Experience with microservice architectures
• Experience with UI technologies like ReactJS and AngularJS or other MVC patterns
• Strong experience writing tests in support of a test-driven, continuous delivery pipeline
• Missing something from this list? Don’t worry - come show us why we need you anyway!
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.