Vice President, IT
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
Lead the internal facing IT function for the company. Responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of technology solutions to Transact staff across the company in support of the overall business strategy. Works closely with business leadership to succeed in these responsibilities. Works with all levels of the organization to form alliances on projects, operational decisions, and support.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Build and maintain relationships with business leaders and other stakeholders.
• Develop and implement technology solutions in partnership with stakeholders to meet business requirements.
• Team and organizational development, including hiring, setting goals, tracking and managing performance to build and maintain a high performing team.
• Develop and implement the IT Strategy / Roadmap for Transact in collaboration with business leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for effectively leading talent and driving an engaged, high performing team environment. Conduct performance reviews and hold employees accountable for optimal performance of their responsibilities.
• Drive new business initiative analysis and overall project prioritization with business stakeholders.
• Actively participate in long-range strategy planning to address complex business issues.
• Chair the IT Steering Committee that evaluates and approves the IT Strategy and IT strategic projects.
• Conduct market and competitive research to identify broad business trends and assumptions that may affect the business strategy and service delivery options. Responsible for the technology vision and planning process that regularly evaluates existing technology solutions and recommends appropriate changes.
• Develop and monitor the approved annual operating and capital budgets for Central IT in alignment with business and IT strategy.
• Continuously monitor and evaluate all aspects of the Central IT applications, systems infrastructure, security, organization, processes and financials and initiate and execute on improvements as needed.
• Manage IT vendors and contracts.
• Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures for central IT as well as end users are developed and followed.
• Other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll have managed a team of 20 or more IT professionals before, balancing multiple high-impact projects while supporting existing systems. You’ll have established mechanisms of facilitating business stakeholders through a collaborative process to prioritize work for a limited pool of IT resources. A thorough understanding of IT Applications, IT Infrastructure, as well as project management is a must.
• 15+ years’ experience in IT, 10+ years in management
• Extensive experience with off the shelf applications, with substantial experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. Experience integrating these applications as well.
• Strong experience directly managing projects.
• Significant experience collaborating with senior executives on a regular basis.
• Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and methods.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing.
• Experience developing and managing to operating and project budgets.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.