Technical Support Engineer II
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
As a full-time Transact Support Engineer II (TSE II), you would be responsible for troubleshooting basic technical issues for Transact’s customer base. In doing this, you will be interfacing with our customers via phone or online. Candidates should possess strong customer services skills, troubleshooting skills and be able to communicate well with customers and co-workers. Second Shift work may be required on a rotational basis (Sunday thru Thursday).
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Receives and records incident related information using a variety of tools, techniques and procedures.
• Conducts analysis, gathers information (i.e. click steps, logs, screen shots), troubleshoots and resolves or recommends resolutions to moderately complex customer problems. Uses judgment within defined practices and procedures. Issues to be resolved require a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality / hardware configuration, and general technical issues as pertaining to Transact. Troubleshooting tools and techniques required include network analysis through Wireshark (or equivalent), Microsoft Windows Server analysis using built-in and third party tools, Oracle database analysis, and Microsoft Internet Information Systems analysis, and more. Troubleshooting may include reconfiguring customer equipment, including servers, while providing consultation on overall network and server configuration to customer IT departments.
• Uses knowledge and skills to address customers’ needs and resolve problems within existing specifications and standards; unusual problems which may require exceptions to procedures or processes are referred to a more senior engineer.
• May work directly with other support teams, as needed to resolve customer issues and request enhancements for our products.
• Maintains solid customer relationships by handling their questions and concerns with speed and professionalism. Is accessible and available to multiple customers.
• Establishes priorities and communicate rationale and time frame clearly to customers. Overcomes constraints to meet established deadlines.
• Actively contributes to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
• Provides exceptional client management inclusive of excellent communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for client issues within internal departments.
• Manages customer expectations through to successful completion and user satisfaction.
• 2 years of experience in a technical support role.
• Excellent skills in troubleshooting software product configuration, installation, deployment and usage issues.
• Excellent customer facing, verbal and written communication skills.
• Analytical, methodical, detailed individual.
• Strong desire and passion for learning new technologies, investigating technical problems and helping customers.
• Experience troubleshooting technical issues via phone/email/chat.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential.
• Demonstrated ability to accept feedback, engage in self-reflection and transform that process into performance improvement.
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Professional certification MCSE or equivalent.
• Associates degree in technical discipline is a plus.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.