Lead Development Representative
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
As Lead Development Representative, you will be a member of the Transact Sales team. You will be responsible for generating new outbound leads and qualifying inbound leads for sales follow-up and identifying new potential opportunities for designated solution sets by effectively communicating to specific target accounts. In this primarily phone-based role, you will help identify buying cycles, pending purchasing decisions, and technology spending plans, decision-makers, and systems in use for higher education institutions across the US. You will raise awareness and consideration for Transact products and services within these prospect accounts with the goal of handing a warm lead to the relevant field rep. You may also help set appointments for that rep.
Our Lead Development Specialists are energetic and professional inside lead/sales specialists, comfortable with taking a contact inquiry, qualifying the lead, and moving that lead into the solution selling process. They are responsible for developing potential leads by building rapport and credibility; engaging the prospective customer to fully understand needs and challenges; and offering a compelling value proposition that builds enough curiosity to schedule the next steps with an account executive.
Our Lead Development Specialists are highly motivated, self-driven individuals who have a proven ability in sales and are both persuasive and assertive. They have excellent listening skills and are proficient in verbal and written communication. They are responsible for timely and effective communication, exceptional follow through, multi-tasking ability, time management, and critical thinking skills.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Manage, nurture, and convert outbound calls and inbound leads into sales opportunities
• Identify strong potential prospects using initiative and creativity, to generate outbound lead opportunities.
• Navigate through a conversation flow to uncover business needs, understand pains, and position Transact as a compelling solution.
• Maintain and update an accurate log of activity in the CRM system.
• Enter inquiries that are qualified into CRM system, provide detail to Account Executive about the lead, and establish a follow-up schedule.
• Be the main point of contact for inbound phone numbers on website and campaigns.
• Complete outbound calling using compiled lists, campaign lists and content offers and promotions, plus pre- and post-tradeshow event calling.
• Has 2+ years of professional experience in inside sales, sales, marketing, sales support, or customer service or equivalent work or educational experience
• Can work closely with commissioned professional sales team
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills and can interact across multiple departments and with clients
• Is well-organized and can prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
• Has a track record of achieving/exceeding goals
• Can identify business opportunities
• Thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
• Can travel, potentially up to 10%
• A bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Technology-related area is preferred
• Experience within high tech or e-learning industry is ideal
• Experience using a CRM is preferred
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.