Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for managing IT infrastructure, systems, applications, and operations procedures, designing scalable, resilient cloud systems with a focus on automation wherever appropriate and being an SME for Azure. Areas of focus for automation include routine tasks, monitoring and notification creation, error recovery to meet 99.9% 24/7 uptime requirements for all resources that make up our Microsoft Azure Production and UAT environments. Responsibilities will include timely issue resolution for production interruptions; proactively designing infrastructure for availability, security, and efficiency; maintenance of operating systems and applications through patches or upgrades; assisting the Application Delivery group with issue identification and data collection; and reporting of all issues to management and key stakeholders.
Candidate must have strong communication and technical skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment and prioritize automation over manual actions. They must possess a desire to gain a deeper understanding of how each system and technology reacts to environmental changes and how this impacts usability. The ability to handle aggressive timelines and focus under pressure is a must.
o Monitor system health, performance and capacity
o Identify new checks to proactively notify impending system or environment failures or capacity limitations
o Use automation and scripting to create self-healing systems
• Environment Design
o Lead design review meetings for cloud infrastructure
o Designs infrastructure to meet business and technical need with focus on resiliency, scalability and uptime
o Conduct regular scalability and expansion planning
o Identify potential environmental instability in architecture
o Manage system availability to performance standards
o Manage proactive maintenance schedules
o Create tools and systems to eliminate repetitive, tedious or error-prone tasks
• Vendor Management
o Manage vendor support cases to address incidents
o Manage vendor requests for capacity/capability planning
• Security and Compliance
o Ensure managed environments follow Transact's Information Security Policy
o Support SOC 2 Type II and PCI Level 1 compliance
• Public cloud experience with a focus on PaaS and Cloud Native offerings, 2-4 years
• Linux server administration and operations experience, RHEL preferred, 1 or more years
• Microsoft Windows server administration and operations experience, 1 or more years
• Bash or PowerShell scripting experience 2-4 years
• Experience supporting 24x7 production services
• Bachelor’s Degree and 7-9 years of related work experience
• Experience with automated CI/CD pipelines and tools (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with attention to detail
• Desire to continuously learn
• Desire to mentor team members
• Strong problem-solving skills with focus on risk management and planning
• Familiar with Kubernetes
• Experience managing cloud infrastructure (security groups, peering, routing, VPNs, load balancers, etc)
• Cloud certification with a focus PaaS and Cloud Native offerings in Azure.
• Computer Science degree
• Experience with PKI Infrastructures, server certificates, certificate authorities.
• Experience working in a change-controlled environment
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.