Director, Revenue and Technical Accounting
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security-driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
The Director of Revenue and Technical Accounting will be responsible for ensuring proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606, in a faced paced, high growth software environment. This will include reviewing customer contracts and working with our sales and operations teams to ensure the best-negotiated outcome for both the customer and the company. The Revenue Manager will manage and develop processes and procedures for Revenue accounting as we stand up a new ERP system. The incumbent will report directly to the Corporate Controller. Applicants for this position must be willing to be located in our Corporate offices, in Phoenix, Arizona.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Establish and maintain processes and procedures that ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606 and Transact’s accounting policies
• Work with external auditors regarding all revenue related audit questions and matters on a timely basis
• Maintain technical competence and continue to update revenue accounting policies in accordance with any update FASB guidance
• Perform and manage all revenue-related activities, including a complete, accurate and timely close process, revenue and deferred revenue accounting activities, account reconciliations, revenue reporting, and contract analysis
• Provide technical accounting advice to key stakeholders
• Research and analyze complex revenue recognition issues as required
• Identify, maintain, and implement internal controls related to revenue recognition
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• 9+ years of relevant accounting experience in Software or related technology field
• Public accounting
• Prior experience in software or technology company
• Understanding and prior experience with multi-element arrangements
• Advanced excel skills
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized with an ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time
• Ability to break-down complex accounting treatments and provide explanations in a simplified and simplified manner
• Successful in dealing with customer and company personnel at all levels
• A high degree of integrity including the ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
• Knowledge or experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Financial System
• Prior experience in training or mentoring staff in best practices for Revenue professionals
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.