Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
The VP FP&A will be responsible for delivering value-added business analysis as well as defining and reporting meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decision-making. The VP FP&A will be responsible for overseeing a financial planning organization that has a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers and sophisticated financial models that enable the team to deliver insightful, value-added analysis across the company.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Oversee the financial planning and analysis organization and partner with the management team to provide value-added insight into the business.
• Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
• Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
• Develop and monitor the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget tools, setting timelines and acting as project manager for the company, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
• Prepare and monitor the company’s long-range strategic planning models.
• Support quarterly external reporting, including earnings releases and earnings call support information.
• Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects.
• Assist in preparing analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings.
• Actively own key finance and business process and implementing and modifying as required the company-wide budgeting tools. Provide a high level of thought process to drive improvement; recommend areas for improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure.
• Develop and enhance competitive intelligence, customer intelligence, geographic economic data and technology trends.
• Oversee preparing research distributions to senior executives and business leaders.
• Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
• Maintain relationships with geographic finance teams to ensure quality deliverables and proper information flow.
· 12+ years of progressive FP&A, consulting, auditing and or consumer credit management experience
· 5+ years of experience leading a senior level FP&A team
· Financial Services industry experience working with (or consulting for) a credit granting financial institution (e.g. in consumer banking, credit cards, and/or consumer finance) preferred. Advanced financial modelling skills required
· Prior experience working with sales organization including sales compensation modelling and merchant/customer profitability
· The successful candidate must be able to roll up his/her sleeves and comfortably execute at a hands-on tactical level
· Knowledge of contemporary database, financial modelling, and business intelligence (BI)software modules
· Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, math or a related business field required, graduate degree preferred
· Master’s degree preferred
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.