Site Reliability Engineer
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for managing IT infrastructure, systems, applications, and operations procedures; and designing scalable, resilient cloud systems with a focus on automation wherever appropriate. Areas of focus for automation include workload deployment, monitoring and notification creation, as well as error recovery to meet 99.9% 24/7 uptime requirements for all resources that make up our Production and UAT systems. Responsibilities will include timely issue resolution for production interruptions; proactively designing infrastructure for availability, security, and efficiency; maintenance of operating system and application through patches or upgrades; assisting Product Development with issue identification and data collection; and reporting of all issues to management and key stakeholders.
Candidate must have strong communication and technical skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment and prioritize automation over manual actions. They must possess a desire to gain a deeper understanding of how each application reacts to environmental changes and how this impacts usability. The ability to handle aggressive timelines and focus under pressure is a must.
o Monitor system health and performance
o Identify new checks to proactively notify impending environment failures or capacity limitations
o Use automation to create new checks and alerts for new environments and application functions
o Use automation and scripting to create self-healing systems
· Environment Design
o Lead design review meetings for cloud infrastructure
o Designs infrastructure to meet business and technical need with focus on resiliency, scalability and uptime
o Conduct regular scalability and expansion planning
o Identify potential environmental instability in architecture
o Manage database and code release lifecycle as produced by Product Development
o Manage system availability to performance standards
o Manage proactive maintenance schedule
o Maintain applications and databases
o Create tools and systems to eliminate repetitive, tedious or error-prone tasks
o Assist with QA and change control process & documentation
· Client Services Support
o Act as escalation path for hosted/SaaS/cloud issues affecting end users.
· Vendor Management
o Manage vendor support cases to address incidents
o Manage vendor requests for capacity/capability planning
· Security and Compliance
o Help maintain and enforce Information Security Policy
o Support SOC 2 Type II and PCI Level 1 compliance
· Cloud experience with a focus on PaaS and Cloud Native offerings, 2-4 years
· Microsoft Windows Server administration and operations experience
· PowerShell scripting experience to eliminate tedious, error prone tasks, 2-4 years
· Microsoft SQL Server database experience, 2-4 years
· Familiar with Internet Information Service, Active Directory (ADFS a plus), and other core Windows services
· Bachelor’s Degree and 7-9 years of related work experience
· Experience with continuous integration or continuous delivery
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Self-motivated with attention to detail
· Desire to continuously learn
· Desire to mentor team members
· Strong problem-solving skills with focus on risk management and planning
· Cloud certification with a focus PaaS and Cloud Native offerings in Azure or AWS.
· Computer Science degree
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or similar certification
· Experience with PKI Infrastructures, server certificates, Certificate Authority, Secure DNS (DNS SEC), Single Sign On (SSO) technologies
· Financial services operational support
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.