Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
As a full-time Technical Support Engineer (TSE), the TSE would be responsible for troubleshooting technical issues for Transact’s client base. In doing this, you will be interfacing with our clients via phone or online. Candidates will possess strong customer services skills, troubleshooting skills and be able to communicate well with customers and co-workers. Second Shift work may be required on a rotational basis (which may include weekends).
• Receives and records incident related information using a variety of tools, techniques and procedures.
• Conducts analysis, gathers information (i.e. click steps, logs, screen shots), troubleshoots and resolves or recommends resolutions to moderately complex customer problems.
• Uses judgment within defined practices and procedures.
• Uses knowledge and skills to address customers’ needs and resolve problems within existing specifications and standards; unusual problems which may require exceptions to procedures or processes are referred to a more senior engineer.
• Troubleshooting with tools and techniques, including network analysis through Wireshark (or equivalent), Microsoft Windows Server analysis using built-in and third-party tools, Oracle database analysis, and Microsoft Internet Information Systems analysis, and more.
• Collaborate with team as needed to resolve client issues and request enhancements for our products.
• Maintains customer relationships by handling their questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
• Establishes priorities and communicates effectively with clients.
• Overcomes constraints to resolve client issues and meet established deadlines.
• Actively contributes to a knowledge base that improves the effectiveness of the team, and information available to our clients.
• Communicate with product teams on customer feedback and help develop longer-term improvement options.
What you will bring:
• Able to work in a high energy, fast paced environment where change is order of the day.
• Ability to troubleshoot using skills related to: software functionality / hardware configuration, and technical issues.
• Comfortable troubleshooting technical issues via phone/email/chat.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
• Analytical, methodical, detail oriented individual.
• Strong desire and passion for learning new technologies, investigating technical problems and helping customers.
• Demonstrated ability to accept feedback, engage in self-reflection and transform that process into performance improvement.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential.
• Prior experience (1-3) years in a technical customer service role.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.