BI Developer Analyst
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
Transact continues to work on and refine its ability to manage the business based on data driven decision making. To that end, Transact Management has agreed upon a set of KPI’s that reflect the underlying performance of the business together with a data mart and set of dashboards and reports to support the desired methodology for running the business.
The BI Developer Analyst will play an integral role in the success of that effort.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Work with Senior and Operations Management in identifying and providing definitions for key metrics and reporting requirements for running the business
• Interact with Operations and Corporate IT in managing system configuration and meta-data to support business critical systems in providing the inputs for reports and dashboards
• Will be responsible for taking requirements from Transact resources and building and supporting business intelligence tools.
• Will be responsible for day to day maintenance and integrity of the data mart and integrations with business systems
• Develops and designs ETL jobs to move critical data between systems
• Will be responsible for staying up to date with technology and current BI strategies to ensure that Transact BI tools and reports leverage available improvement opportunities.
• A minimum of 2 years proven experience in working with Operations and Management in gathering and analyzing requirements for critical business reporting and management decision support
• Basic understanding of core business concepts including sales, fulfillment, invoicing, and financial reporting.
• At least 4 years of development experience on the latest Microsoft SQL Server database platforms
• T-SQL database development and optimization skills, including stored procedure development and query and index tuning
• Proficient in the use of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate data from a variety of sources
• Proficient in the use of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Proficient in the use of PowerBI
• Experience with logical and physical database modeling
• Working knowledge and experience with C# a plus Microsoft .NET Web Development (ASP MVC) a plus
• Experience building cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) a plus
• Previous experience and familiarity with ERP and CRM systems.
• Data warehousing certification preferred, otherwise technology related certification is desired
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent degree/experience
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.