Embedded Android Developer
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
As an Embedded Android OS Developer, you will be responsible for developing our newest Point of Sale application, as well as other embedded apps such as Class Attendance and Laundry, which support students with all variety of transactions and credential usage on campus. Additionally, the position may involve developing device drivers, implementing Android security patches, and other low level tasks.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Design and implement embedded applications based on requirements provided by Product Management.
• Occasional development of device drivers for purpose built Transact hardware.
• Periodic updates to the Android OS to include new OS functionality and security patches.
• Program and execute unit test cases in a Test-Driven Development method
• Support life cycle of the application during QA, UAT and post release
• Participate in peer code reviews
• Working in an agile environment
• Minimum of 3 yrs experience programming with Java
• Minimum of 3 yrs experience programming/working with Android OS as an embedded system.
• Experience building Android (AOSP) from source
• Experience with Android HAL
• Experience with Model-View-Presenter architecture.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and principles.
• Experience with one or more source control platforms such as Git.
• Experience using JIRA for ticket tracking
• Experience developing applications that use RESTful APIs to communicate with cloud platforms.
• Experience developing device drivers for common communications protocols (i.e. SPI, UART, I2C, USB).
• Experience with Android/Linux kernel subsystems (camera, video, WLAN, Bluetooth/BLE, USB, etc).
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.