Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
As an Industrial Designer, you will be part of the hardware development team responsible for designing elegant and innovative card reader terminals, Point of Sale devices, and other specialty hardware for the campus environment. You will also provide UI/UX input to help make the products intuitive and easy to use.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Using your creative and technical skills to develop initial conceptual hardware designs based on input from Product Management and other key stakeholders.
• Create sketches and/or renderings of designs, present to key stakeholders, and iteratively incorporate feedback to refine the design.
• Actively communicate and collaborate with team members, Product Development leadership, and Product Management
• Use CAD software (SolidWorks) to develop 3D models, from which physical prototypes can be produced.
• Collaborate within the Hardware team to ensure designs are manufacturable and within cost targets.
• Help ensure the user experience using the device is intuitive, and consistent from product to product.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
• 2-5 years’ experience designing electronic products.
• Strong ideation, brainstorming, and visualization skills.
• Strong communication and interpretation skills. Being able to convey an idea verbally and/or visually.
• Working knowledge of 3D CAD software. Proficiency with SolidWorks is strongly desired.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and plastic injection molding is desired.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.