Staff Developer Experience Engineer
Through transformative payments and credential-driven transactions and privileges, Transact partners with institutions to help them make their student and family experience mobile-centric, personal and individualized, and completely connected all across campus. Our open enterprise-class cloud platform enables mission-critical capabilities that translate into superior student and family experiences, integration with every aspect of campus life, and richer institutional insight.
This connected campus experience includes integrated tuition and fee payments, comprehensive dining and retail credential-driven transactions, configurable security and privilege management, and automated attendance and events. At each interaction across these capabilities, meaningful data is captured so campus leaders can make informed decisions and take proactive action. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and partners with a broad, open ecosystem, maximizing existing investments, evolving quickly, and delivering a personalized solution.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over twenty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
Transact is seeking a Staff Developer Experience Engineer who is passionate about helping development teams become more efficient and deploying next generation technologies and best practices throughout a software development company. The Development Experience Engineer will be a bridge between the Platform team and the other Transact Product teams to assist integrating Platform products into the other Transact Products. You will be contributing and managing content such as tutorials, guides, reference documentation, integration planning, proof of concept code, and even development to integrate components developed by the platform team. As you work with other teams, you will identify features and functionality to be incorporated into the Platform roadmap.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Understanding Transact Products and their implemented architectures and technologies.
• Understanding Platform Roadmap and the values it provides to the Product teams.
• Understanding CI/CD best practices and ensure Platform pipelines support Product development team deployments
• Writing technical documentation with other developers as the audience to support integration with the Platform.
• Creating technical videos to train other developers in best practices when integrating with the Platform.
• Identifying and documenting best practices from ongoing integration with the Platform.
• Writing Proof of Concept and example integration code.
• Evaluating integration points of products and estimating approach, complexity and effort for integration with the Platform.
• Providing feedback to the Product Owner regarding future enhancements to Platform components and team deliverables to streamline integration efforts
• Building partner relationships with other development teams and product owners.
• Leading development teams in developing in a PaaS environment.
• Being the subject matter expert and escalation support for Product teams as they integrate with the Platform.
• 5+ years of experience in software development using Java or .NET
• 3+ years of experience deploying software in a cloud environment.
• 3+ years of experience with automated Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines including cloud services provisioning, test execution and code deployment in DEV/TEST/UAT/PROD environments
• 3+ years of experience with SQL Server, Oracle MySQL, or similar relational database platform
• Advanced level of understanding of object-oriented programming and object-oriented principles such as SOLID
• Hands-on experience with design patterns (GOF, PEAA)
• High level of experience with development of a service-oriented architecture using REST APIs
• Thorough knowledge of .NET Core Web API, Java Spring, Jersey, Micronaut, or other frameworks to build RESTful APIs
• Experience developing and deploying on Windows or Linux server operating systems
• Ability to read and understand UML including class and sequence diagrams
• Experience with one or more source control platforms such as Git, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Subversion, Perforce, or other SCC application
• Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum
• Demonstrated analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to understand technical requirements and decompose them into detailed work tasks
• A collaborative mindset with strong interpersonal communication skills
• A self-directed learner who seeks out new challenges and opportunities to express creativity and initiative
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Experience with issue tracking, testing techniques and operating systems
• A strong interest in continual improvement
• Experience developing in multiple programming languages
• Architecture, Design and Management of core infrastructure services (Azure Cloud PaaS, Rest APIs, SMTP, FTP, etc)
• Architecture, Design and Management of a CI/CD pipeline (Azure DevOps/Ansible/Terraform/BitBucket preferred)
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.