Senior Manager, Strategic Alliances
Phoenix, Arizona or Remote
Through market leading payments and credential-driven privileges Transact enables a connected experience across the most critical aspects of student life. We partner with educational institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. Our enterprise-class cloud platform and open APIs deliver mission-critical capabilities that promote student success by facilitating every aspect of campus life with richer institutional insights.
This connected experience is underpinned by essential capabilities including integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable privileges for security management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that leverages existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation while delivering a frictionless student experience.
As Senior Manager, Strategic Alliances you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of existing partners focused on payment processing and software integrations while proactively identifying and evaluating new prospects that deliver long-term profitable growth across Transact. The Partnerships and Alliances team plays a critical role in partnership and development by aligning Transact’s strategy with partners and alliances to create long term value for the organization as part of the New Market Development Team. Working across Transact, this role aligns existing partnerships and serves as a primary point of contact for incoming partnership inquiries while expanding and managing a network of ecosystem partners.
Our payments platform process over $40B in credit cards, ACH and checks. A significant focus is on growing that business organically and through partnerships.
Your focus will be based on 3 pillars for success: partner prospecting, management and expansion which includes designing and driving a world class program in collaboration with senior leadership.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Serve as the “front door” of Transact by fielding inquiries from interested third parties and potential partners by prospecting and building a pipeline of new strategic technology and/or financial services partners.
• Create a narrative for a partnership by clearly articulating joint customer value and partner value by crafting pitch decks and other materials to shape the story for potential partners
• Once identified, role will be responsible for evaluating prospect, building and negotiating a sustainable partnership model, while communicating both internally and externally on value of partnership.
• Continuously evaluate current partnerships for sustainability and value while expanding on joint strategic objectives to grow our payment processing business
• Maintain accurate, timely and require documentation of activities to drive quality relations, metrics and ensure transparency.
• Proactively engage with internal teams (Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Leadership Team) to identify, design and implement creative approaches for partner engagement.
• Assess risks and opportunities of expansion and drive quarterly meetings and reviews with issue leads and other business units to identify potential areas of risk in existing partnerships, identify pipeline targets, and establish new areas for expansion.
• Work closely with the payments product management team on current partner evaluations and expansion opportunities
• Develop and standardize repeatable and easily managed ecosystem and a breadth partnership program for non-strategic partners.
• Prospect and build a pipeline of new technology partners through management of leads generated by marketing initiatives via existing partner networks, outbound calling, email communications, and other marketing methods.
• Help guide an internal partnership strategy, based on industry benchmarks and company objectives in collaboration with regular monitoring and reporting to evaluate the effectiveness of performance.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4-5 years’ strategic partnership experience in the payments and financial services industry.
• Strong knowledge of merchant services.
• Ability to build strong relationships, identify matching synergies and secure desired commitments.
• Experience in creating, negotiating, contracting, and executing complex and sophisticated partnership agreements
• Experience in Higher Education, Payment Processing or FinTech
• Understanding of SaaS software and Cloud technology a must
• Understanding of POS and gateway services preferred
• Ability to communicate clearly both internally and externally
• Demonstrated analytical experience in developing, collecting, analyzing and reporting key metrics to partners (internally and externally)
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.