Director, Strategic Alliances
Phoenix, Arizona or Remote
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
As Director, Strategic Alliances you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of existing partners while proactively identifying and evaluating new prospects that deliver long-term profitable growth and across Transact. The Partnerships and Alliances team plays a critical role in partnership planning and development by aligning Transact’s strategy with partners and alliances to create long term value for the organization as part of the New Market Development Team. Working across Transact, this role aligns existing partnerships and serves as a primary point of contact for incoming partnership inquiries while expanding and managing a network of ecosystem partners.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Serve as the “front door” of Transact by fielding inquiries from interested third parties and potential partners by prospecting and building a pipeline of new strategic technology partners.
• Create a narrative for partnership by clearly articulating joint customer value and partner value by crafting pitch decks and other materials to shape the story for potential partners
• Once identified, role will be responsible for evaluating prospect, building and negotiating a sustainable partnership model, while communicating both internally and externally on value of partnership.
• Continuously evaluate current partnerships for sustainability and value while expanding on joint strategic objectives
• Maintain accurate, timely and require documentation of activities to drive quality relations, metrics and ensure transparency.
• Proactively engage with internal teams (Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Leadership Team) to identify, design and implement creative approaches for partner engagement.
• Assess risks and opportunities of expansion and drive quarterly meetings and reviews with issue leads and other business units to identify potential areas of risk in existing partnerships, identify pipeline targets, and establish new areas for expansion.
• Develop and standardize repeatable and easily managed ecosystem and a breadth partnership program for non-strategic partners.
• Prospect and build a pipeline of new technology partners through management of leads generated by marketing initiatives via existing partner networks, outbound calling, email communications, and other marketing methods.
• Help guide an internal partnership strategy, based on industry benchmarks and company objectives in collaboration with regular monitoring and reporting to evaluate the effectiveness of performance.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years’ strategic partnership experience OR a Master’s degree and at least 7 years’ strategic partnership experience.
• Ability to build strong relationships, identify matching synergies and secure desired commitments.
• Experience in creating, negotiating, contracting, and executing complex and sophisticated partnership agreements
• Experience in Higher Education, Payment Processing or FinTech
• Understanding of SaaS software and Cloud technology a must
• Ability to communicate clearly both internally and externally
• Demonstrated analytical experience in developing, collecting, analyzing and reporting key metrics to partners (internally and externally)
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.