Software Development Engineer in Test
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will have a passion for product quality and be ready to grow their skills through continuous improvement. The SDET will be a member of an Agile development team and develop best-in-class test framework solutions in an Azure cloud environment. The SDET will contribute to test strategy definition, test framework development and help raise the bar on the quality of delivered products. SDETs are responsible for all levels of development testing including, functional, integration, performance, regression and should be knowledgeable with test patterns/approaches for developing these classes of tests. The SDET should have experience with developing/integrating testing solutions for both Front-End and Back-End systems.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Participation in test system development/execution
• Working with Software Engineers and SDETs to create automation frameworks and assist in the build-out of development pipelines
• Building and maintaining tooling for test development, coverage, and results
• Contributing to the team’s efficiency and effectiveness through continuous improvement and best-in-class development practices
• 1-3 years technical experience in developing test frameworks and automation
o Experience developing tests from specifications
o Experience developing product-independent tests and functional libraries
o Experience with webdriver tools (like Selenium, Capybara, and Puppeteer)
o Exposure to performance testing concepts and approaches including using tools like JMeter or similar
o Experience with test framework design patterns and best practices
o Experience with programming languages such as C# or Java and scripting languages
o Experience with test frameworks (JUnit, NUnit, Mocha, RSpec, and the like)
o Experience working with source control, development environments, build tools, and deployment pipelines (Git, Jenkins, Jira, Docker, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Azure Service Fabric).
• A collaborative mindset with strong interpersonal communication skills
• A self-directed learner who seeks out new challenges and opportunities to express creativity and initiative
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Exhibits a continuous improvement mindset
• Experience with load/performance testing of web-based applications and RESTful APIs.
• Experience with mobile application test automation.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.