Director, IT Applications
Through market-leading credential-driven privileges and innovative payments, Transact enables every aspect of student life across campus. We partner with institutions to deliver a mobile-centric, personalized student and family experience both on and off-campus. We are the only true enterprise-class cloud platform, enabling mission-critical capabilities that support student success by powering every aspect of campus life along with data for meaningful institutional insight.
These mission-critical capabilities included integrated payments and personalized payment plans for tuition and fees, credential-driven transactions for comprehensive dining and retail transactions, uniquely configurable security driven privilege management as well as automated class attendance and campus events. Transact solutions easily integrate with campus systems and external partners enabling an extensive and open ecosystem that extends existing institutional investment, accelerates innovation and delivers a frictionless personalized student experience.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over thirty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
Transact is splitting off from a corporate parent and is developing new Central IT capabilities almost completely from scratch – a greenfield opportunity.
The Director, IT Applications is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of technology solutions (almost all of which will be Software as a Service package applications – no custom development) to business stakeholders across the company in support of the overall business strategy. Works closely with business leadership to succeed in these responsibilities. Works with all levels of the organization to form alliances on projects, operational decisions, and support.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Build and maintain relationships with business stakeholders.
• Develop and implement technology solutions in partnership with stakeholders to meet business requirements.
• Team and organizational development, including hiring, setting goals, tracking and managing performance to build and maintain a high performing team.
• Project management and execution over the full project life cycle.
• Prioritize work to ensure responsiveness and delivery on commitments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for effectively leading talent and driving an engaged, high performing team environment. Directly responsible for managing technical staff to deliver applications to the business units to a high level of business stakeholder satisfaction. Conduct performance reviews and hold employees accountable for optimal performance of their responsibilities.
• Match resources and skills with project and support work, manage stakeholder expectations, and deliver on time and on budget and to the agreed upon scope.
• Initiate and seek approval for IT applications projects, including assisting business stakeholders to develop a business case and scope, while leading the development of the schedule and budget for each.
• Drive new business initiative analysis and overall project prioritization with business stakeholders.
• Actively participate in long-range strategy planning to address complex business issues. Develop and maintain the enterprise applications architecture while coordinating with the IT infrastructure team and working closely with business and IT leaders and vendors.
• Collaborate with IT and business stakeholders to identify strategic and innovative uses of technology to drive business growth and profitability. Act as an advisor to business stakeholders on ways to exploit technology for competitive advantage.
• Conduct market and competitive research to identify broad business trends and assumptions that may affect the business strategy and service delivery options. Responsible for the technology vision and planning process that regularly evaluates existing technology solutions and recommends appropriate changes.
• Develop and monitor the approved annual operating and capital budgets for the IT applications and projects supporting their business functions.
• Other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll have managed a team of 10 or more IT applications professionals before, balancing multiple high-impact projects while supporting existing systems. You’ll have established mechanisms of facilitating business stakeholders through a collaborative process to prioritize work for a limited pool of IT resources. A thorough understanding of IT project management and operational task prioritization is a must.
• 15+ years’ experience in IT, 10+ in IT applications, 6+ years in management
• ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED: Extensive experience with off the shelf applications, with substantial experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. Experience integrating these applications as well.
• Strong experience directly managing projects at the task level.
• Experience collaborating with senior level business management on a regular basis to maintain, enhance, and grow an application portfolio.
• Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and methods.
• Hands on technical experience of some kind.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing.
• Experience developing and managing to operating and project budgets.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Transact Campus Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.