Head of Product, Payments
About the Company:
We are passionate about cars and want to enable them to diagnose, schedule and pay for their own services autonomously. with this goal and vision in mind we created Car IQ to work with fleet owners, financial institutions and auto services providers.
We are building a b2b payment service provider that connects cars directly to banks and payment networks. Car IQ enables this future via our unique, and dynamic car identity management capabilities which gives control to fleet owners and automates vehicle service workflow and payment.
We are venture backed and looking for driven, enthusiastic people who love cars, value precision and thoroughness in their work, have financial services experience, and want to help create a world-class edge computing solution.that will help change vehicle commerce.
Product management is the key connectivity point for Car IQ’s engineering, analytics, sales and customer success organizations. The team is responsible for defining the road map, and then working across all of Car IQ to deliver valuable products for our clients – fleet owners, auto service providers and financial service companies. The team will build expertise in both financial services and the automotive industries.
- Understand our customers and develop solutions to their needs
- Define product strategy and drive product initiatives
- Work closely with banking partners to connect our platform to payment systems
- Manage backlog and command a deep understanding of value to customer and opportunity cost
- Build and subsequently lead the product management team
The ideal candidate will have hands on payment product management experience, including deep understanding of financial services, its regulations and technical architecture.
Professional skills and experience:
- Comfortable and experienced operating within the product development process; you’re able to own projects from inception to completion from high-level strategy to task-level execution
- Willingness and ability to execute on highly visible, complex initiatives that require interacting with team partners and complete deliverables quickly
- Strong background working directly with financial services companies
- Experience with defining risk, control and compliance product needs and execution plans
- Track record of success working with or in early stage companies
- 7+ years of overall industry experience. 5+ years as a product manager
- Self-starter with a passion for creating solutions
- Positive attitude, self-driven and ability to work in startup teams
- Great communication abilities, written and verbal
- Proactive mind-set
- Aptitude to create technical documentation and work with a variety of partners
- Highly organized
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Business or related STEM fields
- Successful applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States
Job Type: Full-time