BigRentz is an online construction equipment rental marketplace. Our 1,600+ rental partners and 8,000+ partner locations represent the largest equipment rental network in the nation. We simplify the procurement and logistics challenges of renting construction equipment.
The heart and soul of BigRentz comes down to one thing and one thing only: helping people. Our customers are who we design all our services and technologies around and who have inspired our three-word philosophy – Built around you. This philosophy is behind everything we do. It’s what defines us and is what sets us apart in the industry. It’s what enables us to personally connect with each and every one of our rental partners and customers. This mindset is what continues to propel our company, and our brand, as the go-to source for equipment rental solutions.
We are currently looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our team in Irvine, CA.
• Manages various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; respond to all human resources inquiries in a timely and effective manner.
• Development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
• Administers the compensation program; monitors annual performance review and annual compensation adjustment program and revises as necessary.
• Performs benefits administration, including benefits investment strategy decisions and communicating benefits information to employees during orientation and open enrollment.
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts HR new-employee orientations; coordinates onboarding, monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements, engages 3rd party search firm as necessary.
• Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
• Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
• Evaluate reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Create new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database monthly, quarterly, and annually.
• Management of the Culture Committee, direct programs, events, and activities to increase employee morale and employee engagement.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. Consults legal counsel as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a human resources concentration or similar discipline
• SHRM California Employment Law Micro-Credential preferred, or PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP certification
• 8-10 years of HR experience with California employee relations, leave of absence (LOA), performance management practices and a solid understanding of legal aspects of human resources
• High energy, ability to work in an entrepreneurial, high growth environment
• Communicate and interact effectively with all levels of the organization
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong attention to details and ability to work on a variety of projects at the same time